Xiaomi Redmi 3

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by RFC84, Mar 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RFC84

RFC84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm thinking of ordering one Friday. Can you guys that took the plunge tell me how your finding it so far and also where you bought it from and your experience with the seller ie from in the UK/China ect

Thanks

2. joelk2

joelk2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
  3. jspr

jspr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I bought one last week from the same ebay seller in post no 2 above, got it within 3 days - great service. Very pleased with the phone, this is my first android phone, coming from an iphone 5s, I needed a bigger screen due to my ageing eyes!! Screen is brilliant - I can now see what I am typing ! Battery life is brilliant, after a couple of days of playing about with it it still had 40% charge left. Before I bought was a bit concerned whether some of the writing would be in chinese (!) but everything is in english. The only thing is when setting it up you cannot choose UK as your locale - as it is not officially available here however it defaulted to China and I have not encountered any problems - simply popped my sim from my iphone into an adapter and put it in the redmi and everything worked straight away. No regrets so far.

4. joelk2

joelk2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    seems like a great device for the money. i opted for a more expensive Hauwei Honor 7 but if im being frank i dont think it offers anything over this redmi 3 (only a better benchmark score)

certainly loses out in battery life which im finding quite disappointing.

5. RFC84

RFC84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for the replies. I've been torn between the Redmi (brand new) or a second hand Sony Z3!

6. joelk2

joelk2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    I used to have the z3. It's a nice phone. I dropped it and being that it's glass on both sides I smashed both sides. Not getting a double sided glass phone again

7. RFC84

RFC84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Could you use it 1 handed?? I had Z3 compact for 18 months was a great phone but it feels a little too small. Currently using a smart ultra 6 (5.5 inch screen) it's a great phone just can't get used to the size of it!

8. joelk2

joelk2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    Yeah. Could use the z3 one handed. Though I use 2 hands mostly anyways. Even when I had a 4.7" iPhone.

I opted for the honor 7 this time around at 5.2" wasn't sure id be able to stretch to a 5.5 (maybe next time though as I do like the look of the redmi note 3 pro)

That being said from all five read about the redmi 3 it's a cracking little decide considering the price.

9. BhPu

BhPu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Don't buy a second hand phone. Not worth the risks for the money you pay. Less (or no) warranty, probable battery life reduction from the outset and in general more risks. Pay less for a brand new Chinese phone and you won't be disappointed.