Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro / Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro and Gimbals - Hohem iSteady X2/V2

VAMET

Standard Member
Reaction score
Dear Friends

I am an owner of Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (known as Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro on China market). I would like to use Gimbal for this smartphone to record stable footage 4K60.

I would like to ask, if someone used this smartphone or similar with the size, weight and camera location with: Hohem iSteady X2 or V2?

I have tested it with DJI Osmo Mobile 4 for a few days and everything is OK, but I would like to try with Hohem Gimbals, which I mentioned earlier.

What I need to know is:
1. Camera location of Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro / Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro is in the upper-center/middle of the cover. My question is, will Gimbals arm or any element will be visible in the video footage in such case?

2. The same question as above, but related with Inception Effect (auto spinning). In the end of Inception Effect (auto spinning) there is a moment, when Gimbals arm or element may be visible in the video footage, but I have seen only YouTube reviews with smartphones, which have got theirs cameras location on the upper-left side of the cover. Is in Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro / Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro, which has got different location of cameras (upper-center/middle), will give a chance that there will be no Gimbals arm or element visible in the video footage on Inception Effect?

3. Hohem Pro app doesn't support 4K30, so I will need to use FiLMiC Pro or Native application to record 4K60 video footage. My question is, does physical buttons of Gimbal like D-Pad, Change Mode Button, Record Button will work while not using dedicated Hohem Pro application?

4. The same question as above, but related with Hohem iSteady X2 with Bluetooth Remote, will those buttons work, while not using dedicated Hohem Pro application? I will use 1.50 metre long Monopad with Gimbal, so I need a solution to control Gimbal from distance.

5. Hohem iSteady X2 and V2 are exactly the same Gimbals in the matter of build (size, materials, weight), stabilization, motors? The main difference is AI Tracking in V2 and Remote Bluetooth in X2, everything else is the same?

I would be glad for your help and support. Thank you in advance for your time.

Sincerely

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom