Xiaomi Mi Ultra Short 5000 ANSI Lumens Laser Projector

thus the usb stick must have any specific memory size in Gb. This is 16GB. ? Thank's

no 2 gb is enough. Format it with Fat32 and copy files in its root dir using a pc (mac could give problems)

somebody can tell me, what fans exactly are getting used in the 4k version of the xiamo laser projektor? (the black one). I cant find any information online about the 4k one :(

Hi all..

I have the 1080P version model MJJGYY02FM that appeared to have on OTA update.

the problem is that ota didn’t really do anything but make image quality worse.
im now getting random dimming of the entire screen ..like flash dimming low back to normal.

is anyone else experiencing this?

any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot/ fix?

thank you.

Its possible to install an apk without root the xiaomi laser?
I installed Amazon prime and Xiaomi Mi Projector & Tv Tools but i dont see them on android tv

Anyone have a solution ?

Anyone can see nvidia geforce now on play store?

I am sorry if this is a repeat, since there are 128 pages..

I have a unit which is 1.5 years old now, and last week the unit powered on but is stuck on the black screen with white "mi" logo in the middle of the screen.
The white LED at the front is blinking.

When I try powering on while holding back button and home button the remote, I get the same screen but the white LED is not blinking but constant on.

Please let me know if there is a known fix or diagnosis for this issue.

Hallelujah! We have a fix & Jeff Buckley is singing it to me and I can see he's singing it to me on my A/V receiver projecting on my screen .... Phew!!
So Xiaomi have come back to me with a fix that I'm about to paste below. Before I do let me share my experience.

I executed the steps the first time, the projector went into update, rebooted, told me that I had the USB device connected I'd used to trigger the update and asked if I'd like to use as storage or exit. I chose exit. Ran the setup, went to HDMI and .... oh sh!t it didn't work ... same problem ... bummer! Was half way through emailing support again when I thought what if it's that darn USB connection. Ran the update again but this time as the projector rebooted I removed the USB drive. Hallelujah .... the projector went straight into setup and once done I was able to see all my beautiful HDMI devices again
biggrin.gif

Hi which xiaomi support did you contact please?

Hello everyone, My frien bought for Christmas one MJJGYY02FM projector. Unfortunately never start it. The projector & the remote didn't can pairing. I press the butom, but dont happend nothing in the screen. I tried to connectin via USB, UTP but don' see the computer. I think stuck in the bootloader.
The MI C.S. sent me to the seller, he wrote me press the butoms... Maybe one flashboot, or TWRP, system recovery can to help but I don't know how to connct to the device. I run out all ideas, anybody can to help me? THX: MIke

I finally changed all 3 fans to NoisBlockers M8-S3. Top things:

- overall noise seriously decreased, most annoying vibration noise which came from hard contact between fans and chassis completely gone.
NoiseBlocker fans have rubber edges which removes all vibrations coming from the fan. So only natural air noise left.

- when the chassis is opened - I can barely hear the noise. But when I close the chassis - the noise increasing 3-5x. Lots of noise come from the chassis grills when air goes through them. If you'd like to decrease the noise further - need to replace the existing grills with metallic grills. I will probably do it.

- You will 100% lose warranty during fans replacements.

- For all who care about the projector noise - fans replacement is 100% recommended.

p.s. I didn't have time to write detailed post, hope to find 30 mins near future to share photos and important details of the process.

The bottom black part is a rubber ribbon. Can be removed but I left it there.

Hey man, did you ever find time to document some kind of guide on how you replaced the fans? I'm very interested in trying this myself ;)

Hello everyone! I just got that projector last night as a gift (bought from Walmart)! Really impressed with the picture quality (and size) compared to my basic TV (Vizio P-Series 65").

However I'm a little bit surprised by one thing. I hooked the projector to an AppleTV which offered to enabled HDR. Once I did, the image felt blurry/not great compared to the default settings. Do you know if this is expected and if I should avoid that mode? Or is there something specific to do to configure the image better?

Hey man, did you ever find time to document some kind of guide on how you replaced the fans? I'm very interested in trying this myself ;)

I did it a while ago to my wemax one. There's a video of a tear down here that helped me out. Xiaomi Mi Ultra Short 5000 ANSI Lumens Laser Projector
I don't remember the details but it wasn't hard...I ended up going back to the original fans because after doing this i couldn't get it into recovery mode for some reason. Id get a checkerboard screen when I would try and at the time i really wanted to gain root access...I think i may have posted about it later in that thread Im not sure...

So whats the latest and greatest ultra short throw projector? I have the wemax one and looking to upgrade. Never had an issue with this one but thinking maybe 4K...

Anyone have installed amazon prime, mycanal or molotov on xiaomi?
I got the sound but no pictures
Any help please?

I'm considering getting rid of my current setup and buying a vava or fengmi. My main concern is it's placement will be a very bright living room. Ideally straight onto a white wall so I can alter screen size depending on use.
  • Will my kids still be able to watch YouTube during the day with curtains open or will it be a complete no go. I can control the lighting but obviously like getting daylight into the room.
    It's south facing. Currently with darker content, the tv is almost unwatchable unless brightness is turned way up. Cartoons and daytime footage is fine.
    I think if I can still get away with the latter being viewable during daylight then its a no brainier buying one of these.
    Will be replacing speakers and was going to bury the UST into a well vented new unit.
    It doesn't have to be UST but didn't think I would have the same flexibility changing screen size with a regular short throw which I could place next to my sofa, again hidden in a unit.
    Advice please

Hallelujah! We have a fix & Jeff Buckley is singing it to me and I can see he's singing it to me on my A/V receiver projecting on my screen .... Phew!!
So Xiaomi have come back to me with a fix that I'm about to paste below. Before I do let me share my experience.

I executed the steps the first time, the projector went into update, rebooted, told me that I had the USB device connected I'd used to trigger the update and asked if I'd like to use as storage or exit. I chose exit. Ran the setup, went to HDMI and .... oh sh!t it didn't work ... same problem ... bummer! Was half way through emailing support again when I thought what if it's that darn USB connection. Ran the update again but this time as the projector rebooted I removed the USB drive. Hallelujah .... the projector went straight into setup and once done I was able to see all my beautiful HDMI devices again
biggrin.gif

Here's the email with the contained steps:

Thank you for contacting Xiaomi customer Support and sharing the attachments with us. I am Shubham and sorry to know that you are facing issue with HDMI input after the update.
I would request you to follow below steps to get this issue resolved:
1. Insert an empty USB flash drive into a computer
• Format the USB flash drive to FAT32 (right mouse click >"Format")
• Note that Android software updates can be around 1GB, ensure you have a USB flash drive that has enough free space for you to save the software on.
2. Open a web browser
//drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HY4FJZ3XiJ6BwQLDmdRtE9g_Z1MyMrI-?usp=sharing
3. Download updates files
• formovie_update-anglee
• update-anglee.zip
4. Put "update-anglee.zip" and "formovie_update-anglee" into the root directory of a USB drive (FAT32).
5. Unplug the power to the projector.
6. Unplug the remote control battery.
7. Plug the USB into the USB port in the back of the projector.
8. Plug the remote control battery.
9. Press and hold "Enter" and "Home" button on the controller, plug in the projector power, the device should bootup and load into update mode.
I hope the above steps will help you to solve your issue, If still issue persists than would request you to coordinate with your respective point of purchase.
For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.
Regards,
Shubham
Xiaomi Customer Support
Hello. I have the same problem, but unfortunately this solution does not work for me. Probably because I updated my android version 9 only in May. Apparently, the installation begins after inserting the USB but in the process interrupts it and an error pops up. Will there be any amendment for those who came with the update on April 23? Because I have no ideas on how to solve this problem.

I am having the same issue. I have an April 8 build and the January 23 update won't load on my projector. Very frustrating. Any help? I sent multiple emails to global and no response.

Been owning the 2017 Xiaomi Mi 5000 and loving it for years now. Is there finally a legit 4K HDR model out yet?

I can’t seem to play movies from my usb 3.0 drive to the projector. They are normal 1080p movies copied from my iTunes folder but s a few are 4K. Any advice? The instruction manual is next to useless. The projector just won’t see any of the files on the drive.
Use the application KODI to browse and play the movie intended. Thats how i play from my 2 TB connected to USB 3.0

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom