Quantcast

Xiaomi Mi Ultra Short 5000 ANSI Lumens Laser Projector

Temesta

I have the 1080 global model for about 1year and 3 months. I had one dead pixel after 2 months, but today I got a second one. Is there a way to repair it ?

I found this company :

Does anyone have experience with their services ?

Houhaiavenue

Novice Member
Hello
I have just bought the 4k version directly from China.
I want ask if someone can send me some best setting for picture quality.
I really don't know how to setup everything
Light mode movie or highlight
Color range auto full part
And other ones
Thanks

badboy83

Standard Member
Hi.
Had my first update for the 1080p Global model yesterday, I was really hoping to see 3D and RGB options in the menu. I can't see that there are any significant upgrades in the update.
I had to redo my keystone corrections as it knocks out all of your settings.
Can anyone spot any major improvements?
Thanks

22Piter1

Novice Member
Hi.
Had my first update for the 1080p Global model yesterday, I was really hoping to see 3D and RGB options in the menu. I can't see that there are any significant upgrades in the update.
I had to redo my keystone corrections as it knocks out all of your settings.
Can anyone spot any major improvements?
Thanks
Same here! I was really excited, however you get only: keystone correction broken (easy fix), screen shot option when pressing power button (screen shot cannot be find later on unless u get an app - file manager).. More options in Device preferences only look , so useless. Now, when switching to different Hdmi you get a different screen look ( only).
That's all I saw. No RGB access.. In one word? Useless!

ZXDIO

Novice Member
Many users with android 9 update found their hdmi ports broken. I am one of those. No eay to display any hdmi source after update

Last edited:

22Piter1

Novice Member
Many users woth android 9 update found their hdmi ports broken. I am one of those. No eay to display any hdmi source after update
Thank you for sharing. The problem on my side was Hdmi ARC sound out connected to my amplifier. There was no sound so I had to set it again, and now it's all good.

ZXDIO

Novice Member
Thank you for sharing. The problem on my side was Hdmi ARC sound out connected to my amplifier. There was no sound so I had to set it again, and now it's all good.
after update i had no sound with sky q box. I made a factory reset and i can’t display anything, tried with 3 cables and different sources. No Hdmi ARC here. Other users on xda (about 7-8) have the same issue.

mbtheater

Novice Member
After the update, I had the same issues mentioned above. However, the only good thing I notice is that the HDR is supported now when using Apple TV.

22Piter1

Novice Member
after update i had no sound with sky q box. I made a factory reset and i can’t display anything, tried with 3 cables and different sources. No Hdmi ARC here. Other users on xda (about 7-8) have the same issue.
Now each time I switch off and on the Projector, I have no sound.Fix? I have to manually choose one of the inputs (Hdmi 3 arc ) to get the sound again through my amplifier. Then it works fine. Try it

ZXDIO

Novice Member
But i have not picture too. Pj seems to hang up signal from hdmi, in the top left corner it displays correct res and refresh rate but no picture and sound in my case.

Hybrid1987

Novice Member
But i have not picture too. Pj seems to hang up signal from hdmi, in the top left corner it displays correct res and refresh rate but no picture and sound in my case.
i have exactly the same problem. today i bought the same projector with model code MJJGYY02FM. while it works normally when trying to play from an external HDMI source all I see for a few seconds is the top left of the screen showing the resolution and then only a black screen.

Jah45

Novice Member
I got some problem with the android update.
I got an application OCS on AndroidTV, i got the sound but not the picture.
For Netflix, its ok, its on an external device, not on AndroidTV

hockerz

Novice Member
Hallelujah! We have a fix & Jeff Buckley is singing it to me and I can see he's singing it to me on my A/V receiver projecting on my screen .... Phew!!
So Xiaomi have come back to me with a fix that I'm about to paste below. Before I do let me share my experience.

I executed the steps the first time, the projector went into update, rebooted, told me that I had the USB device connected I'd used to trigger the update and asked if I'd like to use as storage or exit. I chose exit. Ran the setup, went to HDMI and .... oh sh!t it didn't work ... same problem ... bummer! Was half way through emailing support again when I thought what if it's that darn USB connection. Ran the update again but this time as the projector rebooted I removed the USB drive. Hallelujah .... the projector went straight into setup and once done I was able to see all my beautiful HDMI devices again

Here's the email with the contained steps:

Thank you for contacting Xiaomi customer Support and sharing the attachments with us. I am Shubham and sorry to know that you are facing issue with HDMI input after the update.
I would request you to follow below steps to get this issue resolved:
1. Insert an empty USB flash drive into a computer
• Format the USB flash drive to FAT32 (right mouse click >"Format")
• Note that Android software updates can be around 1GB, ensure you have a USB flash drive that has enough free space for you to save the software on.
2. Open a web browser
//drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HY4FJZ3XiJ6BwQLDmdRtE9g_Z1MyMrI-?usp=sharing
3. Download updates files
• formovie_update-anglee
• update-anglee.zip
4. Put "update-anglee.zip" and "formovie_update-anglee" into the root directory of a USB drive (FAT32).
5. Unplug the power to the projector.
6. Unplug the remote control battery.
7. Plug the USB into the USB port in the back of the projector.
8. Plug the remote control battery.
9. Press and hold "Enter" and "Home" button on the controller, plug in the projector power, the device should bootup and load into update mode.
I hope the above steps will help you to solve your issue, If still issue persists than would request you to coordinate with your respective point of purchase.
For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.
Regards,
Shubham
Xiaomi Customer Support

hockerz

Novice Member
Not for me!
Posting the consolidated and more precise version of my rather excited and relieved version - thanks to MikiZed on reddit for putting this together:

What you need:

1. A pc
  2. A USB stick bigger than 1 gb
  3. Your projector and your remote
How to prepare the usb stick:

1. Plug in the usb stick
  2. Format the usb stick to fat32 ( should be the default format option)
  3. Download the files from here
  4. Put the 2 files you have downloaded ( formovie_update-anglee and update-anglee.zip) in the root directory of your usb stick (the rood directory is the first directory you see when you open the usb stick)
  5. Eject the usb stick
How to update the projector:

1. Unplug the power cable from the projector (support only mentioned to unplug the powercable, I unplugged everything for good measure)
  2. Remove the batteries from the remote
  3. Plug the usb stick in the back of the projector
  4. Press and hold the "Enter" and "Home" button ( this two buttons )
  5. Plug the power cable in and keep pressing the buttons
The projector should now be in update mode, you should see the update bar moving, you can now release the two buttons

6) When the update bar is complete the projector will reboot, As soon as you hear the projector powering off unplug the usb stick. This step is not mentioned by the support but when I left the usb stick plugged in the projector kept not working, so I redid the whole procedure and removed the usb stick as soon as I heard the projector powering off7) Now you will have to set up the projector as it was new and the external sources should be working

Patrykkr

Novice Member
Hi There, i have tried to follow all instructions, but it thus not start the update process at all. Any advice? Is this update works globally? i am based in Europe....

Trending threads

Latest News

Panasonic launches SC-HTB600 and SC-HTB400 soundbars
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic launches HX940 and HX800 4K LCD TVs for 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Elipson launches 3230 loudspeaker at Bristol Hi-Fi Show
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 17th February 2020