XH9505 Sky Q sports picture problems.

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help. I have a XH9505 55 inch and have awful picture quality while watching sports on Sky.
If I'm watching football the players have a blurred distorted line around them but while the camera is zoomed in on the players the image is perfect and no problems but after switching back to the normal football angle the distortion happens.

While watching Formula 1 the image is terrible. The cars mostly look good but the grass at the sides of the track blurs really bad and the track. There was an angle yesterday while the camera was slowly moving as the drivers where getting paraded the track looks like it was moving and fuzzy. Sometimes at certain angles the same blurred line like with the footballers happens to the cars.

I have tried changing the motion settings and the clarity settings but nothing is working. Has anyone else got this TV and sky sports looks good.

Thanks.

desinho

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help. I have a XH9505 55 inch and have awful picture quality while watching sports on Sky.
If I'm watching football the players have a blurred distorted line around them but while the camera is zoomed in on the players the image is perfect and no problems but after switching back to the normal football angle the distortion happens.

While watching Formula 1 the image is terrible. The cars mostly look good but the grass at the sides of the track blurs really bad and the track. There was an angle yesterday while the camera was slowly moving as the drivers where getting paraded the track looks like it was moving and fuzzy. Sometimes at certain angles the same blurred line like with the footballers happens to the cars.

I have tried changing the motion settings and the clarity settings but nothing is working. Has anyone else got this TV and sky sports looks good.

Thanks.
Have you tried turning off Reality Creation? Motionflow on Custom with Smoothness 2 and Clearness 1 is the best setting for sports as well.

Thanks for the replies. I have tried motion on the settings on all different combinations and reality creation off and nothing works so far. Golf is the worst of them all the shaft of the clubs have a blurry outline around them and the ball has pixels around it. I assumed it was Sky only but I have now tried sport from the native apps and its the same issue. Maybe its a faulty set but I fear the repair guys coming out and saying the usual working as intended line.

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Not familiar with Sky Q but what is the output set to? I have no problems with a V6 or native apps but remember iPlayer only delivers 720p unless its UHD.

Last edited:

Prime Time

Have you tried changing the output resolution on the Skyq box?

Dropping this down to 1080i might be better for sports and will allow the Sony to do the upscaling and deinterlacing.

The broadcast HD channels output at 1080i25 so there is no benefit in having the skyq resolution set higher than this when watching the sports channels.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom