1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xga

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by 10ht, Jan 12, 2002.

1. 10ht

10ht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just read a post by Galaxy that said "I havent actually tried that yet as mine is output through VGA to a LCD projector at XGA resolution and looks as sharp as a pin."
    I have just purchased a Radeon 7500 as part of a project to see if HCPC is all its cracked up to be, but I don't find any option in the settings menu to output at XGA, anyone know how?

Dave

2. tryingtimes

tryingtimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    I'm not too sure what you mean.
    XGA is just another name for 1024x768 which almost every graphics card on earth is able to do these days. It should just be in the normal place (right-click on desktop > properties).

However if (as your name suggests) you have a Sony VW10HT then you could have a go trying to match the native resolution of that projector (1366x768 - I'm not entirely sure).
    There are plenty of posts about doing this on here and in the Video Projectors section of this forum.

Good luck!
    Alex

3. 10ht

10ht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks Alex for explaining that to me. I have my HCPC running and the picture looks fab! All I need to find out now is how to get my projector to display a 16:9 image in computer mode or set the pc to display it without the black bars.
    Dave

4. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0