XF9005 Unresponsive Remote. Help.

Jpkboff

Novice Member
Hello, I bought the XF9005 from Richersounds less than a month ago. I had it delivered as the closest store is 60+ miles and I'm housebound(and somewhat feeble) due to a neurological disease. I was watching a ~25 minute programme on a streaming service. I used the controller to start the programme. I put the controller down. Ten minutes in I tried to pause and it wouldn't work, I tried the volume buttons, I tried the standby button. Nothing. Waited 5 minutes, tried again. Waited for the programme to conclude. Tried volume and standby again. No luck. Waited a further 5 minutes. No luck. I unplugged the television, returned after at least 5 minutes and plugged it back in. After rebooting I tried volume and standby again. Nothing. Changed batteries for fresh, just in case, nothing.

I had to disable phones connecting to the TV to act as a remote control because I am residing in close proximity to someone who thinks griefing me by taking control of my television to be incredibly amusing and I could see no way to restrict this feature other than by disabling it in general. Is anyone able to offer any helpful advice as to what I can do about this situation? Both in reference to the dud controller and about controlling the television in the meantime? Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

(P.S. After I wrote this, I used a camera capable of picking up infrared to view the remote control's LED when I pressed buttons and it's still lighting up so it seems to still be sending a signal. Does this mean it's likely a fault with the TV?)

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Phone RS explain the situation and ask if they can arrange to post you a replacement remote to try.
Does the TV work okay with the on-set buttons?
Most TV's still have buttons located at the botton or just behind the bezel which will give you basic on-off, Vol +/- and CH up/down control in the event that you don't have the remote.
Check your TV's user manual for the location of these.

Jpkboff

Novice Member
Phone RS explain the situation and ask if they can arrange to post you a replacement remote to try.
Does the TV work okay with the on-set buttons?
Most TV's still have buttons located at the botton or just behind the bezel which will give you basic on-off, Vol +/- and CH up/down control in the event that you don't have the remote.
Check your TV's user manual for the location of these.

Thank you for your comment. Yes, the on-set buttons do work.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom