Question XF9005 ....help re Dolby vision and HDR

Leyton300

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
I recently purchased the 65 inch Xf9005, and love it, however there are few things I could do with some help on. I tried searching the forums but couldn’t find answers.

1. Has anyone found a resolution to the awful Netflix Dolby vision picture? ( my 12 year old Panasonic looks better. I get the same issue through the Apple TV 4K box and also through the TVs native app).

2. I have watched some HDR content on prime and it looks great. However, it also looks great when playing the non hdr version (I genuinely can’t tell the difference). While I’m impressed with the picture I have no idea if the hdr is an improvement? I was expecting to notice a greater difference between the normal version and HDR. I have been comparing shows like good omens and the boys. If anyone could assist that would be great.
Thanks.

Hi
I recently purchased the 65 inch Xf9005, and love it, however there are few things I could do with some help on. I tried searching the forums but couldn’t find answers.

1. Has anyone found a resolution to the awful Netflix Dolby vision picture? ( my 12 year old Panasonic looks better. I get the same issue through the Apple TV 4K box and also through the TVs native app).

2. I have watched some HDR content on prime and it looks great. However, it also looks great when playing the non hdr version (I genuinely can’t tell the difference). While I’m impressed with the picture I have no idea if the hdr is an improvement? I was expecting to notice a greater difference between the normal version and HDR. I have been comparing shows like good omens and the boys. If anyone could assist that would be great.
Thanks.

Have you updated the TV to the latest firmware via a usb drive and then performed a factory data reset?

Have you updated the TV to the latest firmware via a usb drive and then performed a factory data reset?

the tv is showing as android 8.0 Oreo. I updated it when i set the tv up through WiFi if I recall. Didn’t know need to update it via a USBdrive. Apologies for a silly question... how would I do that? Thanks

Must it be updated via a USB drive? My new 55fx9005 looks great, amazing in fact.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom