Xeta2 upgrade to dolby digtal?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by coalkid, Mar 23, 2006.

Tags:
  1. coalkid

coalkid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :cool: Hi, arcam experts,
    who knows if it is possibel to upgrade the xeta2 dolby pro logic processor so that it also provides dolby digital. There once was a device called Xeta2s, I read in the arcam website, but I could not find out its full performance. Is there another possibility to combine the Xeta2 with another device for having dolby digital surround?

2. jackal

jackal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It depends on whether the Xeta 2 has a 'digital' serial interface on the back. This would take a special cable (serial to 6 phono) and could be connected to any DVD player with an onboard digital processor and 6 phono out. I had this set up years ago and the sound was ok - however the cable was custom made by chord and was expensive.

3. coalkid

coalkid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the digital serial interface was the device which differed the xeta2 from xeta2s. As I only have the xeta2 I can't use that interface. The question is now, if it is possibel (and worth it) to upgrade my xeta2 with this interface or if there is an alternative - not too expensive but providing good quality - to enabel my hifi installation playing dolby digital?