1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter problems?? Maybe not??

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Kramer, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just fitted a 2.2 Lite & all seems OK (blue logo/light). Only thing is when it's switched off, the Xbox boots & goes straight to "service required" :confused:

It boots fine when there's a game in though.

So everything's OK with mod enabled & ditto with mod disabled with a game in, just strange booting with no game in.

Normal?

Cheers guys :)

2. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Something up with your default MS dashboard?

If a game is in the drive, then presumably it doesn't load the dash?

If the mod chip is enabled, then presumably it loads the "special" :D dash you have installed in pref to the MS one?

Only guessing, because my first, brand new XBox is currently being seen to by our very own Messiah ;-) so correct me if I'm wrong...

3. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    yep, it sounds like your default dashboard file is corrupted/missing in action.

have you got evolutionx on your harddrive? did you backup your original dashboard .xbe? If so just restore it. If not you can download a new one and whack it back in with Boxcommander or some such other file transfer program.

regards,
    anephric

4. james.miller

james.miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    probably not. i have the same problem. take a close look at the name of your dashboard file. Remember that with the chip off, the xbox tries to boot to "xboxdash.xbe", so make sure that's the name of your original dash.

You should be able to name your custom dash to something like "evoxdash.xbe" and still have it auto-boot with the chip enabled, but that depends on the bios. I'll dig up some info for you, as i need to fix this myself.

edit scratch what i said, but it still has something to do with that name...........

5. james.miller

james.miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    ok, new reply.

SORTED!:)

ive just fixed it. here's the procedure.

1) FTP into your x-box
    2) rename your custom dashboard (which should be called "xboxdash.xbe") to "evoxdash.xbe"
    3) rename your original MS dashboard (in my case it was called "msxboxdash.xbe") to "xboxdash.xbe"

reboot and bam! problem solved:) (at least in my case lol) - xbmp with the chip enabled, msdash with the chip disabled:)

I would advise you to make a backup of your xbox's C: drive before doing this - just as a precaution. Also make sure you have a working evox boot disk just in case something does go wrong.

6. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Have you changed the hdd? If so make sure you have locked it with Config Magic. If you don't you will get exactly the condition you describe along with the red flashing light.

The other thing to make sure is that you have the jumper set correctly on the hdd (if it is a new one). Some like it to be set to Master, some to CS.

7. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys :)

If I selected Microsoft dash from within the Premodded dash, it was fine, leading me to believe the original dash was OK.

Basically, I'd changed the DVD drive's region protection (region patch) with one of the apps & that was preventing it booting with chip disabled.

Don't know if this is normal but resetting the drive certainly rectified it.

:smoke:

8. DucatiEVO

DucatiEVO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem with my Xbox v1.0 with xecuter 1, when I updated it to the newer xecuter 2.2L it did exactly the same thing. I'd originally also modified the region years ago with a util.

Recovered it by copying the complete dashboard files from another Xbox.