1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter Lite 2.3b, External Switches - HELP

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by jerkyboy, Sep 23, 2004.

1. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just had my Xbox modded with an Xecuter Lite 2.3b.

My Xbox now has three external switches on the front, one of them obviously enables/disables the mod chip. I have no idea what the other two do ?.

Could someone please tell me what these switches do, and which ones to switch when going on Xbox Live.

Thanks

2. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i didnt know you could use the lite 2.3b on live?
    right here goes from memory,
    the 3 switches are for

enable mod chip
    which flash rom you want to boot from (1 or 2)
    enable flash protect

3. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to sound like a total dummy, but could you explain what difference it makes when selecting which flash rom to boot from. And should I always leave flash protect switched on ?.

I only got an Xbox modded so I could play games in progressive scan, I had no instructions with the xbox so I basically have no idea what i'm doing.

Thanks for your help so far.

4. supersonic87

supersonic87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    from left to right you have:

enable/disable

flash protect on/off (always leave on unless reflashing bios)

bank1/2

Where did you have the mod done? If you've had it done by dodgy dave you've probably got it pre-flashed with a bios which can boot unsigned xbe's, but if a reputable place has done the job, you'll have the chip preflashed with cromwell auto flasher.

Which screen is shown when the front boards led is green, do you get a dashboard (normal XBox/EvoX), or a blue screen asking for you to put a cd in the drive?

And make sure you have the chip disabled when you play live or watch the new starwars dvds or you'llbe banned from online play (front led is RED)

Rich

5. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    You only need to disable flash protect if you want to upgrade the bios that's been installed onto the chip. So to answer your first question, yes, you should :)

The 2.3b has a 1mb flash memory which lets you use either 1, 1mb bios, or (far more common), 2 x 512k bios's. The selector switch lets you choose which one you want to boot (in the even that two have been installed - which in your case, is unlikely). In the event that only one bank has been flashed, this also lets you boot up to the pre-installed Cromwell Flash Bios utility which makes the "chore" of upgrading bios's far easier...

Bottom line - the only one of interest to you is the enable/disable chip switch ;)

K.

6. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had it done by Premodded.com, who now are called Cheshiremods.com I think. Very fast service but there websites are down and I cant get any response from them via email.

When I turn on the xbox with the chip on, I get the normal Xbox logo come up but its in BLUE with the words Executer insted on Microsoft, It them goes into a menu screen where I can select all kinds of stuff to tinker around with. Its all very impressive and its amazing what some of these hackers can do.

Am I totaly safe to go online with the chip OFF, can I install any updates and patches etc without fear of it affecting my chip ?.

Thanks for all the help guys.

7. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another silly question. Which way should the flash protect switch be for it to be OFF (green or red LED).

With this set to off, does this mean that no updates etc can effect my Bios ?.

8. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    The flash protect switch doesn't alter the colour of the LED - that refers to the status of the chip itself (i.e. Red=Off, Green=On :))... Just ensure that the flash protect is enabled unless you know what you're doing.

As for updates - they only apply to the dashboard (nothing to do with bios), and the Xbox one at that so don't worry about updates interfering with the working of your chip.

K.

9. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys