XE9305 or XF9005

galwayman

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I have been trying to decide for months which 55” tv to go for and had pretty much decided on the XF9005 ahead of the Samsung Q7FN.
However I’ve just seen a new XE9305 is for sale in a store over here (I’m based in Ireland).
Forgetting about any price differences - which one would ye say is better?
If I went with the original plan of the XF9005 what would I be losing out on?
Anyone know which has less blooming in a dark room for example?

Looking to make a decision and purchase next week.
Thanks very much guys.

Last edited:
There’s a review comparing both sets on a popular YouTube AV website, and other than slightly better motion on the XF, the XE bests it everywhere else, brighter, more refined local dimming, better audio, better build quality.

There’s a review comparing both sets on a popular YouTube AV website, and other than slightly better motion on the XF, the XE bests it everywhere else, brighter, more refined local dimming, better audio, better build quality.
Thanks very much for the reply.
I’ll dig that review out.
See if the motion is still decent on the XE9305 for sports etc.

Hi.
I have been trying to decide for months which 55” tv to go for and had pretty much decided on the XF9005 ahead of the Samsung Q7FN.
However I’ve just seen a new XE9305 is for sale in a store over here (I’m based in Ireland).

Thanks very much guys.

Had the XE9305 and now got the XF9005 due to "bugs" getting into the screen last summer. Its very hard to tell the difference but the XE9305 just gets the nod from me, and has a nicer stand. Watch the Vincent Teoh comparison video as it's spot on. On the subject of price the XE9305 should be cheaper than the XF9005, is that not the case? If it's new and comes with a five year warranty I would get the XE9305.

Had the XE9305 and now got the XF9005 due to "bugs" getting into the screen last summer. Its very hard to tell the difference but the XE9305 just gets the nod from me, and has a nicer stand. Watch the Vincent Teoh comparison video as it's spot on. On the subject of price the XE9305 should be cheaper than the XF9005, is that not the case? If it's new and comes with a five year warranty I would get the XE9305.
Yes the XE9305 is €150 cheaper alright.
I have a €500 voucher that can be used in certain stores (Curry’s for example) but just realised it isn’t valid for the only store that has the XE9305.

Last edited:
Yes the XE9305 is €1500 cheaper alright.
I have a €500 voucher that can be used in certain stores (Curry’s for example) but just realised it isn’t valid for the only store that has the XE9305.

Thats frustrating BUT if you can get an XE9305 brand new with a five year warranty I'd definitely get that and spend the voucher on something else.

Thats frustrating BUT if you can get an XE9305 brand new with a five year warranty I'd definitely get that and spend the voucher on something else.
Ive corrected that - it’s €150 cheaper not €1500 :)
XE9305 is €1k whereas the XF9005 is €1150.

Now if someone could pull a 65XE9305 out of the hat, I'd be happy. With the lounge being much bigger in my new house, the 55XE9305 if at least a foot away from the back wall and the sofa on the other side about 18".... The 55XE9305 has been my best TV ever..
I've had a 40W2000, 46W5500, 55W905, 55XD9305 (meh...) and then the 55XE9305(Yay!!)
The 65XF90 is at a good price.. What's a guy to do...

Now, if a someone could find me a 65ZD9, then Home Cinema would be complete!

Now if someone could pull a 65XE9305 out of the hat, I'd be happy. With the lounge being much bigger in my new house, the 55XE9305 if at least a foot away from the back wall and the sofa on the other side about 18".... The 55XE9305 has been my best TV ever..
I've had a 40W2000, 46W5500, 55W905, 55XD9305 (meh...) and then the 55XE9305(Yay!!)
The 65XF90 is at a good price.. What's a guy to do...

Now, if a someone could find me a 65ZD9, then Home Cinema would be complete!
Local shop where I purchased my 65XE9305 is still showing a 65ZD9

Hi.

Thanks very much guys.
Do they have more than one and will they ship to England?

I've taken the plunge on the 65XF9005 and will be selling my 55XE9305 when the XF arrives.
This is what happens when you buy a house with a bigger lounge!! The 55XE9305 will be sadly missed...

Do they have more than one and will they ship to England?
Hi. Sorry I know this post was from a while back but I somehow missed it.
I'm not sure if they ship to England or not (I imagine they would?).
I have decided not to buy it myself for 2 reasons - number one is I have a €500 voucher to use towards a tv and they don't accept the type of voucher I have to use.
Secondly, whilst it is up to myself completely, the wife lies the idea of the OneConnect box on the Samsung Q7FN as we will be wall mounting it so this would hide cables etc without any messing around.
Here is the link to the tv anwyay...
SONY XE9305 Ultra Slim 4K Android TV with HDR TRILUMINOS Display 55" - KD55XE9305BU

Hi. Sorry I know this post was from a while back but I somehow missed it.
I'm not sure if they ship to England or not (I imagine they would?).
I have decided not to buy it myself for 2 reasons - number one is I have a €500 voucher to use towards a tv and they don't accept the type of voucher I have to use.
Secondly, whilst it is up to myself completely, the wife lies the idea of the OneConnect box on the Samsung Q7FN as we will be wall mounting it so this would hide cables etc without any messing around.
Here is the link to the tv anwyay...
SONY XE9305 Ultra Slim 4K Android TV with HDR TRILUMINOS Display 55" - KD55XE9305BU

Don't to get a 5 year Sony warranty as standard with this set?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom