Question XE90 65” vs LGB7 55”

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Spacecorn, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Spacecorn

Spacecorn
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dizzy Swedish is looking for a TV :-D

The LGOLED55B7 and SONY 65XE90 currently have the same price here in Sweden and I do not know which one to choose. I still think the B7 65 "is too expensive, there of my findings. I'm sitting about 3.80 meters from TV, my stomach feeling says it's 65 "is the right choice in size? However, I think the B7 attracts me more because of the new technology and that it is probably more future-proof than the XE90?

We have satellite dishes and stream a lot of movies and series, the tv is on a lot when the kids watch the kids channel. We have no game console or computer that should be connected to tv.

What do you think guys?

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,046
    Since your kids are using the TV and they watch those kids channels usually with static logos I think that makes a good case to not get an OLED in case of burn in.

So I would go with the bigger TV and the Sony 65XE90.

Btw, its not normal that I recommend another TV over the OLED, I'm only doing so because of the risk your kids may cause burn in.

3.8 metres is very far to view a TV, even 65". Optimum viewing distance from UHD content is less than half of that. At 2m from a 65" TV you struggle to notice the difference between UHD and HD with the same content.

3. Spacecorn

Spacecorn
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the repost!
    Yes the distance is a problem, but i know i be happy enught with a 65”. 55” is to small as you say, i think the best tv i could by in this pricerange is 65XE90?

4. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,046
    Yes, if pricing is similar to the UK (here also the 65" XE90 matches the LG 55B7). You only really better the XE90 until you reach the XE93 or OLEDs.

Other manufacturers offerings at this price range aren't as great, Samsung's QLED TVs are generally overpriced for what they are and Panasonic don't even make a decent HDR model apart from their OLED.

LGs LCDs are poor and Hisense also have been pretty poor in the higher end market this year.

The only other brand that may rival the Sony for value is TCL, but I don't really know if they are sold in Sweden..plus I know nothing about them because they aren't in the UK yet!