XE1 / EP35 with Pioneer LX Receivers (51/71/81)

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by bonoman, Feb 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. bonoman

bonoman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I need to ask for help / feedback if possible please from fellow forum members who have a Toshiba HD-DVD Player & a recent Pioneer Receiver.

I have an XE1 (firmware 4.0) & an SC-LX81 connected via HDMI. I have the XE1 configured to bitstream audio via HDMI to the LX81.

I get regular audio dropouts when playing any English Dolby Digital Plus Soundtrack from Universal or Paramount HD-DVDs through the LX81. The problem is fully repeatable, happens every 93 seconds from the time the movie starts & continues throughout.

I know another user has reported the same issue with their EP35 & their LX51.

I'd be very grateful if anyone else who may have these 2 types of equipment could please take a few mins to run a test on their systems & post back results please ?

Thank you very much in advance.

2. justin@hc&b

[email protected]&b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    hi bonoman i have the same problem on lx81 and ep35

3. bonoman

bonoman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks very much for letting me know.

To be honest I'm not going to get too fixated on the issue at this stage since HD-DVD is discontinued, & my XE-1 is out of warranty, I can't see either Toshiba or Pioneer entertaining any of their time trying to sort it out.

If my XE-1 was within warranty I may have pursued it a little more, & since I don't have a single BluRay in my collection that has a Dolby Digital Plus soundtrack, I've no way of definately proving its the receiver to Pioneer.

I'm very happy with the XE-1 in all other respects - its a marvelous piece of hardware in general. I'm also very happy with the performance of the SC-LX81. So I'm content to just send LPCM from the XE-1 to the SC-LX81 for the affected HD-DVDs.

Thanks again for providing your feedback.

All the best!