XDE System cable question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by treadmill, Mar 19, 2006.

1. treadmill

treadmill
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at the Pio 436XDE. I have downloaded the manual for it and can see that the multimedia receiver connects to the screen through two system cables which I presume will carry both video and audio. Now these system cables do not appear to be HDMI.

Excuse the dumb question but if HDMI is the all singing all dancing mdedium for digital audio and sound which ensures no degradation of signal howcome the system cables are no HDMI and then have a seperate lead for other control functions perhaps. Am I missing something or is there a lower quality connection between the multimedia receiver and plasma. There seems no point having HDMI in if there is no HDMI out. Like I say I may not be understanding something

Please help me understand?:lease:

2. Steve_B

Steve_B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    My understanding of HDMI is that it is an extension of DVI that has encryption as an integral part of the standard.

The connections between the media box and panel are a bespoke interface to Pioneer, they will be digital. It is basically like an extension of a circuit board from inputs to panel inside any other make of plasma.