XDA IIs Unlocking

RBZ5416

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a source for unlocking an XDA IIs or even know what O2 Online charge for this?

I don't think the unlocking software is available yet for the IIs or IIi but O2 will unlock for £10. I phoned them yesterday and they said they will forward an unlocking code in 7-10 days.

Dog with 3 legs said:
I don't think the unlocking software is available yet for the IIs or IIi but O2 will unlock for £10. I phoned them yesterday and they said they will forward an unlocking code in 7-10 days.
Tell me more - I can't get any sense out of anyone at O2.

The trick with O2 customer service is that if at first you don't succeed, put the phone down, try another customer services person.

I had 2 attempts before I spoke to a pleasant lady who first said the all O2 phones were unlocked, I then explained that this is true of all except the XDA, she spoke to a support colleague who then suggested I took it to a back street phone shop to have it hacked !!!! I explained that the software hack was not yet widely available, she went away again and came back saying they could do it but it would be very expensive. I asked how expensive and she said £10-£15. I said that that was OK so she said that she would charge £10 as I was so "understanding". This all happened a few days ago so I will leave it a week or so before phoning to find what is happening

Sounds very familiar except the last bit. I made several calls to O2 yesterday & got the same sort of responses. One shining light even suggested contacting Virgin as they make the XDAs! :rolleyes:

The last guy I spoke to said that unlocking would only be carried out on a phone over 12 months old. At this point I gave up.

I've found what seems to be a vaild Internet resource that charges around £20 but I would be interested to hear how yours pans out. Can you please update the thread when (if?) you receive your code?

Phone call came from O2 today - Your unlock code is .....
Entered and am now using Vodafone sim - no problem.

My £20 Internet resource also worked.... :suicide:

Still, it would probably have cost me the extra tenner in phone calls to O2 before I struck lucky & found the 1 in a 1000 that you got through to.

Thanks for the update anyway.

Dog with 3 legs said:
Phone call came from O2 today - Your unlock code is .....
Entered and am now using Vodafone sim - no problem.
hi can you help me if whether you can insert a t-mobile chip into xda 11s phone.

Yes, once it's been unlocked either by O2 or a third party.

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of bidding on ebay for a new locked xdaII. Which website did you use to unlock the phone....did you have to send it away/what did you have to do???

Thank you for any help/info that you can provide :thumbsup:

Pete.

I only found one resource & that's here. £20 by Paypal only & worked first time on XDAIIs with no problems.

If it IS a II & not a IIs or IIi then I believe it can be unlocked FOC.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that if you persevere with O2 customer services, they will eventually agree to unlock it for a fee. Otherwise, use the link I posted previously.

If you haven't bought an XDA2s yet, I'll sell you mine already unlocked!

crocodile said:
Anecdotal evidence suggests that if you persevere with O2 customer services, they will eventually agree to unlock it for a fee. Otherwise, use the link I posted previously.

If you haven't bought an XDA2s yet, I'll sell you mine already unlocked!

02 are a bunch of :censored: they said I have to wait 12mnths before they will send unlock code

That's why I said it was anecdotal. I got the same response but others say they've had no problem. I think it's just a case of keep ringing until you get through to whoever's turn it is with the O2 brain cell today.

Otherwise just sell as it is & let the buyer worry about unlocking.

Nooo...Don't ever pay anyone to unlock a HTC PocketPC phone.

the software aplication that unlocks these phones was written by a guy on this site http://forum.xda-developers.com/ and he published it on there for free.

you'll have to search around a bit but it is on there and it's a free dowload that takes seconds to unlock your phone

yep i can confirm it works too!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom