Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

XDA IIi battery problem

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Dog with 3 legs, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Dog with 3 legs

Dog with 3 legs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just noticed that if I take the main battery out even for only a few seconds, the machine perfors in effect a hard reset, losing all the data etc.

I thought the purpose of the backup battery was to prevent this.

The backup battery is showing 100%.

2. Neil54

Neil54
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The backup batteries in the XDA II series are notoriously unreliable. As this is a new device, I'd suggest returning it as faulty! The backup should last at least 30minutes.

For more quetions/answers on all XDA's and pocket PC's, have you tried the Tekguru forums?

I'm biased, being one of the moderators, but it is a very useful site, and has taken me from XDA I, through XDA II to my new XDA IIi!

3. Dog with 3 legs

Dog with 3 legs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for this. I thought I had solved the problem when I realised I was only turning the PDA part off and not putting it into flight mode.

I am in 2 minds whether to return it just because I have found it to be so "buggy" (is that a word?)

I drove a 400 mile trip yesterday and Tomtom crashed a dozen times, bluetooth handsfree is a little hit and miss together with the phone application appearing to be a sophisticated as some of the early brick like mobiles of the 80's.

Having said that, when it works it works well, it has a fantastic screen and is a true all in one solution.

My concern in returning it for an exchange is that I will run out of time to cancel th contract I bought it with.

4. Neil54

Neil54
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is a dilemma, but I think your device must be faulty. My XDA IIi has been rock solid, even with TomTom and a BT Headset, though some Today screen switching has caused a few lock-ups.

5. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    apparently TomTom crashing on long journeys is usually down to the heavy usage of the SD card causing I/O errors. usually a sign of an Iffy SD card, suggest sending it back and getting a better SD card mate.

Used TomTom now for some time with no issues at all on my card

6. matblack

matblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    There seems to be an issue with the backup battery if you do not open the clip at the bottom fully before you take the main battery out. Somone told me that there is a contact in the clip and if it isn't fully disengaged the backup doesn't kick in.

So make sure you release the clip all the way before you remove the big battery

MB

7. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    O2 have now posted the updated XDA2s ROM on the XDA website (www.my-xda.com)

According to the blurb it fixes some issues with BT and power management etc..