1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XDA Bluetooth satnav and handsfree problem

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Dog with 3 legs, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Dog with 3 legs

Dog with 3 legs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me if an XDA can be used with a bluetooth handsfree kit and a bluetooth GPS at the same time.

I'm planning on getting one of these to use with Tomtom and a blutooth receiver. If not I'll end up having to use a cable system.

2. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
  3. condyk

condyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Check out pocketgpsworld.com as I seem to remember an article on this kind of thing ... I think!

4. Dog with 3 legs

Dog with 3 legs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like it can be done but you have to be wary of which handsfree/gps you use. It sounds like you can do it as the XDA is in effect 2 separate devices "stuck together" in a pretty case.

Well I'll find out as I've just ordered an XDA IIi from O2 on O2 100 for £179.99/£19 a month.

5. Dog with 3 legs

Dog with 3 legs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn. The XDA IIi is out of stock, no news when new stock is arriving. I think I might change my order to an XDA IIs.

6. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    From what I've read so far the enhanced camera on the XDA2i is pi** poor anyway,

Personally I think the Graphite colour of the S makes it stand out a bit from all the other XDA's/MDA's etc..

If you already have a contract with O2 make sure you tell them Orange or someone have offered you a much better deal and you want to cancel, they will beg you to stay and offer a huge discount.

Got my XDAII2S free by doing this

7. Dog with 3 legs

Dog with 3 legs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice, I think I'll try this with O2. I love the look of the IIs but I'd heard the keyboard is pretty flimsy and useless to boot. The IIi has a faster processor and more memory. I thought the cameras on these things are poor anyway.

It's a tough call between the IIi and s bt f I can get O2 to do me a good deal on either I'll be delighted.

8. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    Had my S for about two months now and to be honest haven't noticed any problems with CPU or Memory, it fires up TomTom3 (pretty hungry app) in a couple of Secs and plans the route in about 5secs.

Have used the keyboard a bit but it isn't really that useful, not that it's bad but I just seem to find tapping on the on-screen keyboard is easier (does look quite cool in the dark though as it's backlit in Blue)

Battery life is really the only bad thing I've found with it but you soon get used to just plugging the charger in when you get in the car/work/home.

The screen is superb though Crystal clear and Really bright.

All in I'd recommend it mate.

9. Ms2hot2touch

Ms2hot2touch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally got mine from 02 on Monday (waited 2wks :eek: ) sorry Im impatient, Im a single mum with 2 kids & I really don't have time to read through the user guide, some1 :lease: just tell me how I turn my MP3 tunes in2 ringtones, I ve been trying but they are stuck in playlist - storage file and I can't move them....... am I really going to have to deprive my children (more than I have already) from quality time to look this up and read it?

Also is the battery life supposed to be so sh*t? and it keeps freezing?

10. Ms2hot2touch

Ms2hot2touch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One more thing, how do I put it on speaker phone? :confused:

11. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    Can't do MP3 ringtones but you can use WMA (better than MP3 anyway despite what the Trendy MS haters say) just copy the WMA to your XDA and either put it in th eWindows\Rings folder or highlight in file explorer and hold down till the menu comes up and choose "set as Ringtone".

As for Speakerphone. When you receive an incoming call: Answer it, then hold the Answer button down again and this will enable speakerphone.

12. jimbobaggins

jimbobaggins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Battery can be extended a lot by turning the backlight down to minimum, which makes very little difference as teh screens are very good quality.

The freezing sounds like a software conflict. Have you installed anything new on it.Also which version is it XDA II, IIi, or IIs as they are all different.

My XDA II used to freeze a lot until I upgraded the rom from the O2 website.

13. Ms2hot2touch

Ms2hot2touch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the XDA2s - only downloaded the software it came with

14. Ms2hot2touch

Ms2hot2touch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im starting to hate my XDA2S :mad: , I have no patience with this damn phone anymore :lesson: , I still can't sort out the ringtones, and It still keeps freezing (is it because I don't have a memory card :confused: ) Ahhhhhhh :devil: I think I may have to soon add it to my ebay collection if I don't get used to it :suicide:

15. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    SD card won't cure problems with locking up, not sure what the problem is with yours but a Hard Reset should cure most probs, ROM upgrade from www.my-xda.com might help as well?

16. Ms2hot2touch

Ms2hot2touch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I sent it back, should get the new one this week........ hopefully better luck this time :D