Xcom 2

aslird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2K has just announced XCOM 2. If that wasn't a big enough deal, they've also revealed that it'll be out this November, will be a PC exclusive and will bring official modding support.

XCOM 2 will be set 20 years in the future, and shows a world under alien control. Into this enters the now forgotten XCOM organisation, who will attempt to free mankind.

Also: it's got Snakemen!

It sounds as if the organisation's new role as an invading force will mean a big shift for the meta-strategy. According to the press release, players are "hampered by limited resources and must constantly evade the alien threat in their new mobile headquarters." Through stealth tactics and firepower, players will be tasked with recruiting soldiers and building a resistance network, as well as exposing the "alien agenda".

In terms of features, Firaxis is promising more solider customisation, updated classes, procedurally-generated levels and, as mentioned above, modding support.

XCOM 2 announced, is PC exclusive - PC Gamer

Absolutely. Still play XCOM every now and then, so anything in that universe is just fine by me. Hope to hear more gameplay details.

Fantastic news. Looking forward forward to this release.

omg!!! this looks amazing, easily one of my favourite games.

im currently going through the long war mod for enemy within aswell which should take me right through to november tbh :D

great stuff, enjoyed all the older xcom/ufo games (even the space ship shooter)

kind of a shame they missed out a reboot of terror from the deep. I hope this version has the base attacks and stuff in.

I wonder how they will get around the tech stuff? in the past each game has forgotten about the previous tech upgrades, as that was part of the fun of the game. it was always a bit of a continuity issue however

omg!!! this looks amazing, easily one of my favourite games.

im currently going through the long war mod for enemy within aswell which should take me right through to november tbh :D

Tell me more about this mod. Fancy playing some xcom myself tonight.

Ooh, can't wait for this. Put many, many hours into Xcom and Xcom EW.

Yup, though it Laser Squad that I sunk the most hours into :D

Ha! Yeah Laser Squad I played on the ST and Amiga the most. The most time though may be Rebelstar on the Spectrum....god I loved that game!

UFO Enemy Unknown on the Amiga was fun....I remember waiting a good half-hour for the aliens to take their turn on some games! o_O:eek: And people moan about a minute these days!

You should all be play Chaos Reborn while waiting for this! Its on sale this week aswell!

And don't forget the great Chaos conversion on Android etc. It really is pretty much exactly the same as the Spectrum one!

And don't forget the great Chaos conversion on Android etc. It really is pretty much exactly the same as the Spectrum one!
Saddly that's too retro for me now. I don't have the patients for old games these days.

Saddly that's too retro for me now. I don't have the patients for old games these days.

Patients? Are you a doctor? ;)

You don't need patience with Chaos though. Its still as brilliantly playable and simple as it ever was. And its not exactly hard to pick up either. Best played on a large smartphone or a tablet though - you wouldn't want to play it on a small screen.

I'm surprised it has been over six months without any interest in this. Gets released this Friday, and the reviews are extremely positive. Lots of the minor issues (like the same maps repeated) have been sorted. Also can be had for around £24 on cdkeys.com

I've mine ordered and am awaiting release. I think hype is low here as its such a single player individual experience. Looking at being a great game.

I'm torn as I've got tomb raider to play, then the division will be out in March. With a 6 month old I'll probably not make it through tomb raider in 6 weeks. But then, xcom is easier to pick up and put down to deal with a baby. Decisions!

"It's the original turned up to 12. An excellent iteration with a new theme and improvements all round. Feels like the game Enemy Unknown was meant to be"

Possibly the best every tutorial video!? (for those of a certain age anyway)

yes, that's the guy from the How 2! shows

The game looks like it has been improved in every way, going to wait for an iOS release. Ended up playing more on my iPad than on my PC, worked really well with touchscreen and playing whereever.

You will be waiting a very long time. Xcom2 is pc only.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom