1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xcard/Sweetspot and Tvedia

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by sniffer66, Jan 18, 2005.

1. sniffer66

sniffer66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,367
    I currently own a Panasonic PW5 plasma and a Panasonic XGA projector

I have built my HTPC and am using the PC’s DVD drive as my player. This is feeding thru to XCard via PDI to Sweetspot and then outputting at native res. to my display devices. I am very happy with the picture quality !

I am also feeding my Sky+ via RGB scart into the Sweetspot directly and out via Dscaler. Again picture quality is excellent.

The HTPC is located under my plasma and as its not just me watching it I need to make the setup as “wife friendly” as possible.
    I would also like to use the HTPC to show images, ripped DVD’s etc and for browsing. I have purchased a wireless keyboard and mouse.

TVedia has Xcard support for this purpose so have downloaded an eval. Copy. This is viewable in Dscaler and is suitable using the Xcard remote – a requirement !! Timeshifting/recording is not required as I have the Sky +

The problem I have is finding a way to switch dvd and Sky+ from the Tvedia front end. To switch between the 2 I have to drop into the Dscaler menu and switch the input to Sweetspot from PDI to RBG input using the mouse. Ideally I would like the “Live TV” Option in Tvedia to switch to the RBG Sweetspot input and display my SKY+ feed.

Anyone know if this is this possible ?

2. memmerson

memmerson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi Sniffer,

I am trying to achieve the same. Have you had any success with this? If so, please could you let me in on how you managed it.

Cheers,

Marc

3. sniffer66

sniffer66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,367
    Sorry Marc - still using the mouse I'm afraid !