1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbrick and component cable

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by GazTheHat, Jan 6, 2005.

1. GazTheHat

GazTheHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi all,

I'm replacing some cables as my new tv has arrived and i want to achieve the best possible results. I've seen someone mention the cable at lik-sang is the best. http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=&products_id=6238&

I already have the MS scart cable. I obvioulsy want to keep the optical output for 5.1 Would i notice any difference with the above?? And what the hell is all this hi-def, region switching malarky i've just been reading to get a better picture?? :confused:
    I've got the EvoX dash, but to be honest i've not messed with anything other than putting a skin on.

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +939
    If your xbox is chipped then you can load the enigma video switcher which will let you switch between PAL & NTSC, once in NTSC mode and with the MS high def pack fitted you can then go into the MS Dash and select the high def modes i.e 720p & 1080i.
    I have the MS high def pack so cannot vouch for the Lik Sang one.

Without the enigma switcher though i am not sure whether you would get any benefit by getting the component cable as the scart will be sending RGB to the display.

3. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    I wouldn't go for lik-sang cable, easily the best Component Cable for xbox is the Offical High-Def Pack which for about £5 more than the other cable is more than worth the extra, especially for you TV which will really do it justice.

4. GazTheHat

GazTheHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    So i should flog me MS Advanced Pack, get the MS Hi-Def Pack, some component leads and the enigmah boot selector disk thingy-ma-bob at that will achieve the best picture on my screen!?!? :rolleyes:

One last thing. I thought Halo2 with the advanced pack was superb, is it all really worth it?? say, £15 the pack, £20 for the comp cables?

Thanks for the help and info chaps. :thumbsup: If it makes such a difference, i'll go cherr-ching some new kit then before i finish building the av-cabinet within the wall and get it all rigged up.

5. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +939
    Well that is the $64m dollar question, for me it was as i didnt have the advanced pack so i was going from the supplied lead straight to hidef and it was night and day. Also there are not many games that run at 720p or 1080i, mainly 480p.

If you are currently happy with your current set up then you might feel as though it has been a waste of time imo.

If you are burying leads in the wall though, then i would go component as the next gen system will have that as standard, you would have thought.

6. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    The only way i can put it is like this. Ive got a mate who owns a Toshiba 36ZD46P with his xbox connected via the Advanced Scart, picture on that, as you can imagine, looks good. Then last week he pops round my place, where surprise surprise i'm sat on my arse playing Project Gotham 2, and the first words out of his mouth were " :censored: good picture mate!" At the time he was not aware that i had got the High-Def Cable (it only arrived that day) so for someone with a 42" TV i'd certainly say it will be worth it.