XboxXPSP2-ENU

djmetsandy

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't get this file to install..i double click but then then wizard doesnt come up! please help!

djmetsandy said:
I can't get this file to install..i double click but then then wizard doesnt come up! please help!
Did you unzip it before burning it to disk? IIRC, you need to unzip it first. I seem to remember creating a drinks coaster the first time I tried to install this.

what's all this about unzipping wizards? :nono:

quarryfied said:
what's all this about unzipping wizards? :nono:
I assume, they're downloading using the PC and then sticking it on a CDR. To do it correctly, you need to unzip it first IIRC and then burn it to disk.

mminghella said:
I assume, they're downloading using the PC and then sticking it on a CDR. To do it correctly, you need to unzip it first IIRC and then burn it to disk.

nah nah its a exe file off of the xbox.com/pcsetup site..got it workign another way tho!

Andy

should just click and run
i would download it again and try

i had this prob as well.....i cured it by going to the microsoft update site and downloding the pc connect software from there...it also said i neede to download a few other files(forgot which ones) ..then it worked m8

You also need to have some dependant services started.
If you are like me, and turn off all the crap you don't need, like printer sharing, IIS and all that, then sometimes MS software won't load if its not started.

Bad installer. It should tell you it requires something. But try seeing if you have any services disabled.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom