Xbox360 VGA-to-DVI-I - questions from a newbie!

F

feinschmecker

Hi all...

I'm VERY new to all this! So I have a couple of questions. My TV is a Philips 42" plasma 42PF5320.

These are the product-specifications:
connectivity.gif
resolutions.gif

Panel resolution: 852 x 480p

Here is a link to the full specs. in PDF-format

The TV doesnt have conponent, so I'm forced to use either scart or DVI-I.
Can I buy a VGA cable for the Xbox360 and a VGA-to-DVI converter to get better quality?
Also I have problems playing PAL-60 games since my picture becomes unsharp as hell (seels like it doesn't support 60hz through scart) - would the VGA-to-DVI connection perhaps solve this problem?
Or is there any other connection-options that I haven't heard of?

Thank you in advance.

/feinschmecker
Denmark

I don't know how to break this to you but you can't go VGA=>DVI, (You can go DVI=>VGA)
You MAY be able to feed component through the scart or there may be some adapter you can buy (I can't believe this TV Only supports progressive scan through DVI)
OK, I can read the attachments now.
You can but an adaptor box for VGA=>DVi but they are very expensive, mac fans use them to get xbox to their hi end DVI only cinema displays.
azzo

OK, just been reading up on this, it looks like you can do it but the signal will be analogue and not digital, hence my confusion (Didn't realise that DVI could carry analogue signal as well as digital)
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/dvi/dvicabletypes.htm

Sorry for the confusion.
It would appear that some displays can only read the digital signal (apple cinema displays) and some can read both. Your display will probably display both as there is no other way to get an analogue signal in there!
Knd Rgds
azzo
In fact, just read your product info, and it does infact support
DVI-I!

I know :) But I wanted to know if anyone knew anything about it before i run out and buy Xbox360-VGA cable and a converter :) I'm gonna try it today - and of course post the result here - if any :)

/feinschmecker

It worked!
Bought a VGA-cable for the X360yesterday and a VGA-DVI abapter for my TV's DVI-input - much much better quality than when I used the scart-cable.

Thanks for your answers guys!

:)

But isnt composite split up in 3 or 4 cables? How does it fit into that adabter? As you can tell I know nothing - whatsoever :)

/feinschmecker

Composite is a single yellow cable with red and white audio cables however that link is for a Component to DVI adapter which is nothing to do with composite.

bugger me around £1000 for a 852 x 480p TV, i suppose the cost is justified by its depth

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom