Xbox360 .ts HD stream

I

imcarm

Been playing around with the Xbox360 media extension and I must say that I'm very impressed with the quality of streamed .ts HDmovies.

Watched the 1080i version of Independence day and it was out of this world on my 40" samsung LCD via VGA, it looked 3d - when paused it looked like a poster advert for the movie. :thumbsup:

Must try some Disney Pixar stuff, anyone else been gobsmacked by the output quality of the 360 as a media centre extender?

Cheers
Steve

wozwebs

Does your PC need to be top end? Mine is a Celeron 2.8ghz, can stream HD WMV files fine. Just need to find somewhere to get the 1080i versions of movies ;)

madgames

How do you get 1080i files to stream to the 360 ?
Any special software needed ??
:cool:

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
All you need really is hdtvpump (well that's actually debatable but I needed it on my PC). Should find it then streams fine (connection allowing of course i.e. wifi = no bloody chance).

iaTa

Novice Member
zAndy1 said:
All you need really is hdtvpump (well that's actually debatable but I needed it on my PC). Should find it then streams fine (connection allowing of course i.e. wifi = no bloody chance).
Hey Andy... was in the middle of SinCity in HD when you added me last night :D WiFi works fine by the way

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
My wifi doesn't work fine, not with .ts files anyway. I can stream WMVHD but .ts I get network congestion all the time. I honestly can't see how I can run a CAT5 cable from my PC upstairs to my router in the lounge downstairs but at the same time I really don't fancy spending £120 on the devolo kit if it ain't gonna work either.
SinCity in HD eh, mouth watering proposition that is... jammy bugger!

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Not heard good things about MIMO either to be honest. So your PC is connected by wireless and you can stream .TS fine? How far is your PC from the router and through how many walls?

Cheers
Andy

Sicton

Standard Member
So what exactly do you need and how do you go about it if you want to stream an HD movie from PC onto Xbox 360. Where did you get the movie source from?

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
That netgear router looks promising but I'd need a USB2 adaptor and there doesn't seem to be one available yet which is a shame. Another option to bear in mind though.... then again perhaps an 802.11a router is worth considering?

iaTa

Novice Member
zAndy1 said:
Not heard good things about MIMO either to be honest. So your PC is connected by wireless and you can stream .TS fine? How far is your PC from the router and through how many walls?

Cheers
Andy
MIMO Gen3 hasn't been out very long and it works a lot better than previous versions. My PC is about 15m away from my router and 360, going through 2 walls and I get full connection speed. I can use my laptop outside and it's the same - very little speed degradation with increased distance.

USB adaptor (WPNT121) is due out very soon I think.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Yeah seems this is a new version of MIMO and if it does what it says it looks ideal, problem is the router and a USB adaptor is gonna cost the best part of £200! Yikes! I've currently got a DG834G, figured out this new one needs an external ADSL modem so I couldn't even sell the old one to offset the cost. So this new netgear router or the devolo homeplug solution? Decisions decisions.....

Oakey

Sigh, another dodgy thread discussing dodgy source material and where to obtain it. Congratulations people, keep it up. Maybe if we all band together and put in a real team effort we can have AVforums closed down in record time huh?

norm

Novice Member
Oakey said:
Sigh, another dodgy thread discussing dodgy source material and where to obtain it. Congratulations people, keep it up. Maybe if we all band together and put in a real team effort we can have AVforums closed down in record time huh?
Wow, copyrighted material can be found on Usenet otherwise known as News Groups. Major revelation that.

Unless somebody were to actually offer said material here I don't see how the forums can be held accountable. People are merely exchanging information.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Yeah come on it's not like we're posting where to get this stuff is it. We're merely discussing the best way to stream hidef material to the 360!

I

imcarm

I didn't think there was anything untoward about the thread I started, I was mearly stating the fact that HD movies look stunning streamed through the Xbox360.

I even own the retail DVD of Independence Day, along with Toy Story and Monsters Inc. As HD movies are not actually available to purchase yet I don't see how dodgy source material comes into it.

In fact after seeing just how good HD movies can be it's given me even more incentive to purchase a HD player when one is availbe to buy.

Oakey

norm said:
Unless somebody were to actually offer said material here I don't see how the forums can be held accountable.
They can be seen as condoning it, which probably won't go down too well.

zAndy1 said:
yeah come on it's not like we're posting where to get this stuff is it.
Erm, yeah it is. Twice people have stated where to obtain HD material. I find their information no different to someone linking to a torrent site.

imcarm said:
As HD movies are not actually available to purchase yet I don't see how dodgy source material comes into it.
Ohhh right, not available to buy yet so that makes it okay to download it.

noikz

The AV Forums does not condone or promote piracy of any kind.

Whether or not you agree with file sharing and whether or not you agree with the ways the big corporations try to combat this 'problem', you may not post anything on these forums which can be interpreted by our moderators as directly promoting piracy.

To give some examples:

You absolutely may not advertise pirated software, movies or music for sale on these forums.
You may not direct people how to download pirated material.
You may not advise people what hardware/software to use to copy material which is copyright protected.
I have asked moderators to remove any such posts from the AV Forums.

The increased availablility of High Definition movie downloads has led to an increase in discussions in the HDTV forum about downloading this material. Perhaps if the studios released more Hi-Def material then people wouldn't be so inclinded to download it. But that's irrelevant. We lost a forum sponsor because a major studio who they deal with objected to the discussions of HDTV piracy here and forced them to withdraw their advertising.
It's all in the rules. Not sure why the mods keep missing all these posts though. :eek:

Gizmo 76

Why do people feel the need to try and get others in trouble.

We all hate it when players hold up their own invisible yellow/red cards in football!! :mad:

If you feel it necessary to contact a mod about something do it via PM expressing your concerns. But i've have seen people banned just because other have felt it necessary to draw attention to their posts.

Let the mods moderate on their own, and stop trying to gain browny points.

Just my opinion on the matter......now back to your discussion!

possibly because the rules haven't been broken (would seem harsh to me but let the legal eagles decide)?

"newsgroup" isn't a dirty word...whereas Crevice is! :)

MS's site has plenty of HD WMV tasters for legal download by the way!

Oakey

Jordans Norks said:
possibly because the rules haven't been broken (would seem harsh to me but let the legal eagles decide)?

"newsgroup" isn't a dirty word...whereas Crevice is! :)

MS's site has plenty of HD WMV tasters for legal download by the way!
Yes they have. People are talking about watching HD films they admit they don't own, Sicton asked where to download the 'movie source' from to which he was told 'newsgroups', etc. It's in the bloody rules, why do people want to argue so much and try their damndest to justify what they're doing? These aren't your forums, there are rules to be followed which if not can cost the forum owners money and legal trouble, why not just respect their wishes rather than be stupid?

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
i have watched a fair few things on my 37" toshiba LCD with my extender
you have to make sure you set the zoom level right tho or you may not be watching it correctly

Shrek 2.... jaw dropping
Spiderman 2.... very nice but havent see DVD to compare
Fifth Element..... very nice
the tuxedo.... also very nice, lots of detail
terminator 2.... watched a bit and it looks ok, suppose i should watch it all before passing judgement

sky HD slips look FANTASTIC, i highly recommend people download them then compare it to DTV. if this is what sky will be giving us then i will be first in the queue

You can get plenty of legal material from newsgroups as well mate

Step out of line and the mods stamp down immediately - the reason why I suspect that they haven't here is because no rules have been broken!

Seriously chill winston! :D

EDIT:- And no one has admitted "playing HD stuff they don't own" either

EDIT:- Don't tell anyone, but apparently you can get mucky pictures of ladies from the "interweb" (man down the pub told me)!

EDIT:- As I said let's actually let a mod decide, not you, or me!

ONCE AGAIN I'LL STATE YOU CAN GET 100% LEGAL DOWNLOADS FROM MS!

Oakey said:
Yes they have. People are talking about watching HD films they admit they don't own, Sicton asked where to download the 'movie source' from to which he was told 'newsgroups', etc. It's in the bloody rules, why do people want to argue so much and try their damndest to justify what they're doing? These aren't your forums, there are rules to be followed which if not can cost the forum owners money and legal trouble, why not just respect their wishes rather than be stupid?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published