[Xbox360] Texas Hold 'em (Live Arcade) FREE for 48hrs

Godspeed

Novice Member
I know its been mentioned in the 360 gaming thread but for all those that might not venture in or have seen the thread:

XBLA Texas Hold 'em

So mark down Wednesday 23rd August in your diarys. For 48hrs it free, after that it will cost 800 Gamerpoints. Once you've downloaded it in the free period that's it, full version as though you've paid them the 800 for it :)

:thumbsup:

Cheers

G

Waynej

Cool. As a stat whore what i want to know is, in the FREE download can u unlock achievements?

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Wednesday is in the diary. Can't wait for this, always wanted to learn poker and this should help me. Just hope it doesn't lead to real money gambling though... :rolleyes:

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Tejstar said:
Wednesday is in the diary. Can't wait for this, always wanted to learn poker and this should help me. Just hope it doesn't lead to real money gambling though... :rolleyes:
Same as me. I know a lot of people who go on about texus hold em, but i've never bothered as i don't know the basics of Poker to begin with.

I've been looking forward to this for that reason, but didn't realise it was coming so soon. Result!!

C225

hottstuff said:
:confused: Anyone want to run down the basics?
Basically you are try to get the best 5 card hand from a choice of 7 cards.

You start off with being delt with 2 cards then 3 cards(the flop) are turned over that everyone can use. Then another card everyone can use is turned over. Then the last card(the river card) everyone can use is turned over and you try to get the best 5 card hand. Between each of these events you can either bet or fold. Best hand or last player standind wins the money.

See here for a list of 5 card hands

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poker_hand

CDR

ha, you should be able to bet Marketplace Points against other players... now that'd be fun (Although I Suck at most card games so would lose all 1,300 i've got left straight away!)

BuFF DaDDy

Novice Member
They cant do that as its classed as gambling which they would need a license for which MS cannot get. The reason is that they cant say for sure that under 18 will not play the game and gamble (Live is faceless).

Its been discussed a while back on Major Nelsons podcast,he interviewed someone that was working on it.

Waynej

Just thinking now. I first thought that downloading the game on Wednesday will let u have it free and then it auto reverts to a trial version after 48 hours. But reading again, it sounds like if you download with in the first 48 hours then you keep the game for free, permanently.

Which is correct?

Godspeed

Novice Member
Waynej said:
Just thinking now. I first thought that downloading the game on Wednesday will let u have it free and then it auto reverts to a trial version after 48 hours. But reading again, it sounds like if you download with in the first 48 hours then you keep the game for free, permanently.

Which is correct?
Read my original post, if you download it in the free period it's exactly as though you've paid 800 points for it.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Got no idea how to play poker, but will hopefully learn from having this. Shame I'll be at work all day, grrrr…

X

xelallah

Anyone else played this yet then? It's looking good! I've already got my chip balance up considerably!

muzzi

I read this is free game with no time limit. Something to do with in-game advertising. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance

Muzzi

mrmcdean

Novice Member
I presume that you always start a game with a standard amount of chips rather than carrying over chips from one game to the next ??

Going to download it tonight.

Does it look the same as the other card games already on marketplace ??

I cant play them on my standard TV as I cant read text on screen, seems a lot of hassle to get the PJ out for a game of cards :rolleyes:

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
C225 said:
Basically you are try to get the best 5 card hand from a choice of 7 cards.

You start off with being delt with 2 cards then 3 cards(the flop) are turned over that everyone can use. Then another card everyone can use is turned over. Then the last card(the river card) everyone can use is turned over and you try to get the best 5 card hand. Between each of these events you can either bet or fold. Best hand or last player standind wins the money.

See here for a list of 5 card hands

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poker_hand
Thanks for this - will read up on this. Tried playing last night but had no idea what I was doing! :D

Brother

Novice Member
No clue what I was doing either - looks like I might actually have to read the instructions over the weekend.

Trending threads

Latest threads

Top Bottom