Xbox360 repair guide

SyStemDeMoN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK this thread is for people who are trying to repair their xbox360 who cannot send it to MS for some reason.

THIS SHOULD COST YOU TEN POUNDS OR LESS !

ONLY ATTEMPT THIS IF YOUR WARRENTY HAS EXPIRED OR YOU HAVE VOIDED IT YOURSELF IN SOME OTHER WAY. THIS IS 3 YEARS FROM PURCHASE DATE.

I have attached a Free guide in PDF format. This has worked for me and for quite a few friends I have.

A few points first. . .

1. DO NOT use Nylon or spring washers. Use only steel ones. The guide attached does say to use Nylon ones, but don't.

2. Use some quality thermal paste, such as Artic Silver.

3. Because you have not used Nylon washers like in the guide, there is a JPG attached to the post also to show how the washers and screws all fit together.

REQUIREMENTS
1. T8 Torx screwdriver. This will be used for the smaller screws and for poking in the side to remove the side parts or the casing.
2. T10 Torx screwdriver.
3. 5mm flat washers (B&Q avf-069918) 24 needed. OR SCREWFIX DIRECT M5 lightwasher - SKU 19807-0100
4. 5mm x0.8x10 machine screws (M5 screws) These can be 10mm long or 12, its not important. (You need 8 of these)
5. Artic Siilver

Anyone who has ever built their own PC or knows how to with respects of heatsinks will find this laughably easy.

If you have no experience in PC assembly, then don't worry. This is shockingly easy. Just take things at a nice pace and don't get frustrated with any part of the repair.

Hope this all helps someone, and good luck !

EDIT : I've added a different guide for the moment, Its not as good but should help you get the job done :smashin:

Attachments

• Screws.JPG
    Screws.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,083
  • Xbox 360 - Three Red Lights of Death.pdf
    260.3 KB · Views: 3,839
Last edited:
Great guide, but must point out that the fix is only temporary, it doesnt cure the 3 rings but does give a little more life out of your box!!!! I got another 4 months out of mine until it went completely!!! Good tip about not using nylon washers though!!!

i removed the attachment last night, as it was a bit wonky, so until its re-uploaded, nothing to be done.

Rottenfox and I agreed that there was an advert in there that should not appear on this forum as it was promoting Piracy.

I am trying to edit it out and will re upload it when done.

Its a good job RottenFox looked through it, as I did not know it was in there.

Ive had no luck editing it out as its password protected. If anyone can help then please let me know.

For the time being Ive uploaded another guide, its just as good but dosent explain the overheating process very well. If you post any questions Ill be happy to try and answer them, and theres also quite a few members that can help also, as they have successfully repaired their own.

The only issue I have with this fix is that by putting a threaded bolt through the motherboard to the heatsinks it can actually cut into the board when tightening. If at all possible it might be advisable to cover the parts of the thread that is not screwed into the heatsink with electrical tape so it doesn't cut into the motherboard when you tighten it up.

Also the OP is absolutely correct regarding spring washers, under no cirumstances should you ever use them or they cut the motherboard to ribbons in the event you have to remove the fans at some point.

Team Hybrids ultimate fix is also worth checking out for any budding repairers.

In my experience, these bolts are just the job(M5 no bigger!), combined with the steel washer and using the exact amount of washers in the order shown in my post.

As long as the screws are tightened uniformly, and a corner at a time, like torqing down a head on a car.

Turn each bolt a little at a time.

I'm not doubting you, and you've probably seen this before, so I think you will agree, that not rushing the job is key to its success.

Thanks for the Great Xbox repair guide -- Very nice and works wonderful !!! Thanks again :smashin:

Well my kit had spring washers with it :eek: but it has worked successfully. I appreciate being careful if ever I have to undo the bolts :D

Well my kit had spring washers with it :eek: but it has worked successfully. I appreciate being careful if ever I have to undo the bolts :D

In the event of ever having to remove the kit it's almost impossible to remove spring washers without damaging the motherboard sadly. You have to actually prevent the washer from turning while unscrewing the bolts, not an easy task. Hopefully you'll not need to though :).

BUY THIS REPAIR GUIDE FOR ONLY 29.95 AND HAVE YOU XBOX UP AND RUNNING WITHIN 1 HOUR OR LESS!!!
THIS GUIDE REALLY DOES WORK!!!!
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS

THIS GUIDE HAS VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!
THIS COMES WITH A MONEY BACK GAURANTEE!!

this is not a scam i am just trying to make some money from selling this guide for someone, and when i sell this guide i make commison off of how much this item cost!!

or just buy a couple of washers and screws for less than 2quid and have it up and running.

moron

Last edited by a moderator:
THIS COMES WITH A MONEY BACK GAURANTEE!!

when i sell this guide i make commison off of how much this item cost!!

For £30 you would hope that someone might proof read it.;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom