Xbox360+PC connection via Virgin Media

aresw11

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just got an Xbox, and can't manage to get both PC and Xbox connected.
My connection is with Virgin.
The modem I got given by Virgin is a Ambit(if is of any help) wired, with one ethernet door.
I've tried a Netgear ethernet switch, and a Pcline one, but in both cases, it doesn't allow both PC and Xbox to be on at the same time.
If Xbox gets connected first, than Pc won't have the internet, and exactly the other way, if PC is connected first, Xbox live won't connect.
I've heard that I might need a router, but, don't know what to get, and if that would actually solve my problem.
:lease:, if you have had the same problem, or know how to solve it, it'd be much appreciated.

thanks

my xbox live tag is : aresw11

thank you again in advance for your help

The modem you get will only give you one address, which means only one device can be on at a time.

What you need is a router. Netgear do the RP614, although any cable router will do. You might want to consider getting a wireless router if you're considering a laptop or anything in the future. Make sure you ask for a cable router and not an ADSL router, as not all shops bother to find out which you need.

digbysm is correct, but do a quick search on here to see there are any compatibly problems with certain modems.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom