• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Xbox360 noob - Help

MrO

Just picked up a 360 but have a slight problem. When i turn on my TV (with the Logitech 1000) it also turns on my 360, which obviously isn’t very good if i only want to watch the tv.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how have you solved it?

smallclanger

I'm guessing you are using HDMI? What does your TV default to when it comes on? If it is the 360 input that might explain it. If it defaults to Freeview or another input then I have no idea...

MrO

Sorry should have mentioned that. I have a Harmony Remote 1000 that controls all my devices (except the Xbox as i havent set that up yet). The Xbox is connected by HDMI as you said but not directly to the TV but to the Onkyo 606 Amp.

The TV goes to its correct input for the 'Watch TV' activate so im assuming that the remote code for turning on the TV is similar to that of the power up command for the Xbox?

MrO

That seems to have done the job, seems like it was set to receive all signals but i have now selected it to only except the Xbox media remote. That will do for now.

Thanks for your help :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom