Xbox360 game rental companies - which have confirmed they will stock xbox360 games?

A mate of mine has been using www.swapgame.com for the last year and thinks they're great, they will be doing 360 games.

I emailed swapgame about XBOX 360 titles and got this reply:

We’ll be stocking all release titles day one of launch. All 360 games will be available for selection by the end of next week.

With games at £50 rrp, (£40 online), rental could to be the way to go.

Anyone getting xbox 360 games with the online game rental companies - which ones have stock of games to rent? And any recommendations?

I went to my local choices rental and they said that they have no plans to rent xbox360 games for several months.

So really my only option would be online rental companies.

thanks

Al

i dont think anybody is renting this side of the new year. i think that M$ have but a ban on rentals this side of christmas. my boss's at blockies are adamant that they are renting in january. i also know that choices aren't renting either.

Gary

Still using Gamesmonster, but have been unable to get any 360 games so far.

Most of the 360 games have already been rented out or they are awaiting stock on one or two of the games.

Would be interested to know if anybody else is having better luck with other rental companies or not.

So… has anyone had any experience renting Xbox 360 games yet? Which company do people recommend?

A) Swapgame
B) Gamesmonster
C) GamesFrenzy
D) Another company that I've missed...

Cheers for your help guys!

Trist said:
So… has anyone had any experience renting Xbox 360 games yet? Which company do people recommend?

A) Swapgame
B) Gamesmonster
C) GamesFrenzy
D) Another company that I've missed...

Cheers for your help guys!
Ok then. To answer my own question.

D) Boomerang Rentals

You get a 21 day trial & from memory its £14 per month for 2 games at a time (unlimited titles). Quite cheap I thought considering how expensive they are to buy.

I signed up last week & promptly got an email saying that they had very low stocks of Xbox 360 games at the momment but the would be getting some in ASAP. I've basically put all games out now other than the ones I have (CoD2, PGR & PDZ). First game arrived yesterday… FIFA 2006 :RTWC.

It wasn't very high on my list but I wanted to try it and there was no way I was going to spend £40 based on the terrible reviews its received. Anyway, I can understand the terrible reviews. Its truely cack!

Oh well, I'll pop it back in the post & wait for the next one to arrive. I'm especially looking forward to trying Kameo, Condemmed & NFS: MW. Also looking to give King Kong a crack. Can't really go wrong at the momment. It’s still a fair few weeks till more titles are released so it gives me a chance to try the games available. If I find one that I REALLY like then I can always send it back to the rental company & buy it.

I just signed up wiuth gamesfrenzy, added titles to my queue, and got shipped Gun, which was pretty far down the list. I think they are quite short of 360 titles ATM too.

Been using Gameswap for the last month.
The website has been exremely unresponsive but I received an email the other day explaining the reasons for this (they're improving their services).

Only problem I've got is the lack of games out yet to build my list up with.:) Only had Condemned and Quake 4 on my list after returning Kong. Quake has been despached the day after I returned it

Decided to cancel my subscription to Gamesmonster, as their stock levels appear to be limited at the moment.

Will wait a while before rejoining another rental company to game the Xbox 360's gaming catalogue time to grow. (would happily go back to Gamesmonster)

Hi all,
ive used gamesfrenzy and yes they seem very limited stock too. I have only been a member with them for 10 days and have had condemned and king kong. The support they give is very very good. Replies to emails are almost instant. Im not leaving them as this is of course magic-march where they have loads of games being released this month. Im very happy with their service and would recommend them to anyone.

Just had an email in, they sending me out my 3rd game... sounds good stuff to me.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom