XBOX360 free with Mobile Phone anyone?

pigdog237

Hello - I'm sure this must've been discussed previously - but I can't find any threads on it, so...

Has anyone used a freebie deal with a mobile phone contract to get their 360?

I used the same tactics to get my PSP, which was free with a £30pm contract form Carphone Warehouse. I basically saved about £2 per month compared to my previous contract and got a PSP with 1GB memory stick for nothing. :smashin:

I've seen quite a few deals for a free 360 (all the deals I've seen are for the Core model) and with my current contract about to expire I'm ready to grab another bargain!

Here are some examples of these deals:

http://shop.carphonewarehouse.com/pay-monthly/free-gifts/?NODE_ID=11204
http://www.e2save.co.uk/finder.php?free_gift=XBOX%20360&view=grid&PHPSESSID=ee57ca89d7ea360cb56bca5925a243d7

So, if anyone has any experience of these deals I'd be really grateful for their expert guidance! By the way, if anyone has seen a similar deal for a Premium XBOX360, please give me a shout!

LemonGrab

Yeh these look all good on the surface but you will get tanned on the line rental per month. Iv seen these before then once you get down to the nitty gritty the tariff is very often £100 p/m for an 18-24 month period.

S

shirks

I got my Xbox 360 premium (PES6 inc) from Buymobilephones.net on orange £35 pm contract. Because i knew i would never get away buying one with the lady.

Bilbob

DEAL OF THE MONTH!
Check this one out!

Look carefully for what I found funny...

PrivatePile76

whats the SIM card made out of solid gold !!!!

lol

pigdog237

Yeh these look all good on the surface but you will get tanned on the line rental per month. Iv seen these before then once you get down to the nitty gritty the tariff is very often £100 p/m for an 18-24 month period.
My current T-Mobile / Carphone Warehouse deal actually saved me a couple of quid per month on what I was previously paying for my old Orange contract.

I got my Xbox 360 premium (PES6 inc) from Buymobilephones.net on orange £35 pm contract. Because i knew i would never get away buying one with the lady.
Same with me! No way I could justify spending £200 (at the time) on a PSP (particularly as it's the least desirable (worst!) of all the games machines - at least until all the homebrew/custom firmware became easily available!) - but if I could save a few bob and get a PSP thrown into the deal - fair enough! Now my kids can eat!

DEAL OF THE MONTH!
Check this one out!

£370 for a SIM card for 6 months? :confused: Rip-off?

Ico.

DEAL OF THE MONTH!
Check this one out!

Would that be the £15 per month!!! Six months!!!! oh yeah £189.99 sim card. Doh!:hiya:

W1zz

DEAL OF THE MONTH!
Check this one out!

Free Xbox360 :confused:

You pay £189.99 for the SIM and then £15 per month for the Tariff :confused:

You can get a Free PS3 also - Only £384.99 for the SIM and then £15 per month.

:suicide:

pigdog237

D

DavidReds

I spent a little while looking for a good deal with free premium xbox. I am currently waiting for delivery of my free premium and nokia 6300 from The Link on £40 pm orange contract.

Many of these deals involve waiting for 28 days before the console is delivered, but the link send it at the same time.:thumbsup:

WelshBluebird

I'm not sure, but its worth looking into, I know with orange if you get a contract with them thats over £30 a month, then you get free broadband with it. I'm not actually sure if you do if yoy get the contract on orange with someone else, but its worth checking out for the possibility of a xbox 360, broadband and a phone for £30-40 a month. (yes I know the free broadband isn't the best you can get, but if you don't download a lot, then it should be ok).

S

shirks

I spent a little while looking for a good deal with free premium xbox. I am currently waiting for delivery of my free premium and nokia 6300 from The Link on £40 pm orange contract.

Many of these deals involve waiting for 28 deals before the console is delivered, but the link send it at the same time.:thumbsup:

With Buymobilephones.net a voucher came with the phone and all you needed to do was send it back to them with a signed form, Proof of Address and ID (scanned copys) and they send you the console within 7 days. I think mine only took 3 days.

S

shirks

I'm not sure, but its worth looking into, I know with orange if you get a contract with them thats over £30 a month, then you get free broadband with it. I'm not actually sure if you do if yoy get the contract on orange with someone else, but its worth checking out for the possibility of a xbox 360, broadband and a phone for £30-40 a month. (yes I know the free broadband isn't the best you can get, but if you don't download a lot, then it should be ok).

2GB allowance on the free broadband but £5 extra (I think) u get "unlimited" but i think they start moaning when you get to 30-40GB tho.

vala

i got my core system with the carphone warehouse online on a £35, 18 month, o2 contract. had to wait a month after the sim was activated for it to be delievered.

pigdog237

i got my core system with the carphone warehouse online on a £35, 18 month, o2 contract. had to wait a month after the sim was activated for it to be delievered.
Was that a recent deal?

I used the Carphone Warehouse for my PSP deal, and it's nice that there's a physical shop quite near me (in case of any problems!).

pmitchelson

i posted a questio na few months back about this exact thing.

i got a new phone through dialaphone.co.uk and got a free core 360

the 28 day wait was agonising, but i jsut ussed it to find the cheapest deals to get all the bits i wanted together ready to roll home and fine the beautiful box sat waiting.

my deal wworked otu at £35 a motnh on O2 and was basically the same ias was already on, however as i stayed on o2 i had to change my number.

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/freegift/XBOX-360/

the half price line rental is a cash back thing, - basically hoping you will forget , but if you are diligent and put a reminder in your phone to send the bill back you will get the cash.

before you make any order make sure you go to www.quidco.co.uk as they operate a cashback on any purchase and its £50 with dialaphone, so there is most of your harddrive paid for or a couple of games.. they also have other pheonr etailers on there- i think carphoen warehosue is as well

i wish i had know before i bought mine..

i also sold the samsung d900 on ebay for 200 quid, and kept my old pda. so i splurged the rest of the cash on controllers and stuff..

defenitly worth a punt

funcky

So these deals really work? I remember trying something like this years ago to get a PS1 it never came, so I always thought these type of deals were a scam. I'm about to get a new phone and may think about some of the stuff here, but there is no way to guarentee getting the freebie is there?

scor81

yeah these deals are legit. I got a free 360 core from e2save.com, takes 28 days to arrive (so you dont cancel the contract within the cooling off period).

vala

the deals through the carphone warehouse are online only deals. however if you want to keep your existing phone number and already have the PAC number from your existing service provider, you can call them and it still goes through and you recieve your 360 28 days later. thats how i did mine.

wormvortex

Distinguished Member

Actually they are usually £35-40 per month contracts and are usually very good contracts. Two people I know did it with the PSP give-a-ways. I was going to do it but I had a 360 at the time and knowing someone who works for T-mobile I was able to get in on the employee discount and only pay £18 per month for my contract :cool:

MChatterley

They do work. I got my free PSP 12 Months ago through dialaphone. Got me a £35 a month contract which I dont mind paying as its a flex contract through T-Mobile. 5 Months to go then the PS3 is mine :clap:

W1zz

These deals work, but you can do better by getting cashback and buying the console yourself. Although that depends whether you want the console in 30 days or in 8-12 months time.

I bought the missus an LG chocolate phone from Caphonewarehouse for Xmas - 12 months contract @ 99p pm (Orange Canary 250mins anytime tariff). It's costing me £29.99 per month and I have to claim the cashback on months 4,8,12. Total returned is £348. I also bough it via Quidco, so that gave me an extra £37 cashback. So I've been paid £12+ for taking the phone and the contract (And keeping the missus happy with a Xmas pressie :devil: ).

So if this deal was for a free Xbox360, I may have had a console in 30 days time, but ultimatly, I would have missed out on £348 cashback, and CPW would have saved over £104. And thats asuming they buy them at full RRP :eek: . Or look at it another way, the overhal cost, would be the equivelent of buying a Xbox360 at full RRP Xbox360 on a 28% APR credit card. :suicide:

Like I say, they do work (stick with reputable resellers ie. CPW group), but the deals aren't as good as if you'd have gone for cashback. Although with cashback you have to be on the ball with your T&C's.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Marantz set to launch new Cinema Series of AV receivers