XBOX360 5.1 surround sound - problem in connecting everything

manishjain

Standard Member
Hi Guys i am new to the world of Audio and Video so don't know much about it. I need a solution for my xbox360 experience. I have:

1. Sony Bravia LCD 32" HD Ready
2. XBOX 360 pro version with HDMI port
3. HDMI XBOX 360 Cable (use to connect to Sony TV)
3. Creative Inspire T6200 5.1 speakers (just bought)

How can i connect everything together to have XBOX360 5.1 surround sound gaming experience. Also how to watch DVD (with XBOX360 5.1 surround sound) on my XBOX360.

Please help me out friends.

StevieBuck

The Creative T6200 speakers are designed to give you 5.1 audio from a PC sound card, not a games console like the xbox 360.

In order to get 5.1 audio from the xbox 360 through these speakers you'd need to buy a digital to analogue convertor. This will convert the digital signal from the xbox to an analogue signal that the speakers can work with. Such a device will probably cost as much as what you paid for these speakers in the first place.

You may want to re-consider your purchase of these speaker if 5.1 sound is what you're after.

Not really sure what your question is on playing DVDs. You just put the disk in and press play. If you have a compatible sound system hooked up, it will give you 5.1 audio regardless of whether you're playing a game or watching a DVD.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Connect the 360 with hdmi to the tv, and thats about it.
You can't get 5.1 with that Creative kit, it has no decoders, nor any optical inputs for 5.1, and TBH, the sound quality is pretty poor, even from a pc.
Look for something with at least 1 optical input.

Last edited:

manishjain

Standard Member
Thanks for replying guys. So what will you recommend - Should i go for Logitech X540 bcos.
Logitech 550 are way too expensive and its out of my budget.

StevieBuck

The Logitech X-540's have the same connections as the Creative T6200's, so won't give you 5.1 audio either. The Logitech Z-5500 speaker system has digital inputs that will give you 5.1 audio - is this what you meant by the 'Logitech 550'?

Amazon have the Z-5500's listed at £230. You could maybe get an all-in-one home cinema system with a single optical input for maybe just under £200. You won't get a 5.1 system with a digital input for much less than that though I don't think.

Would help if you actually posted your budget.

manishjain

Standard Member
in that case i am thinking of buying sony home theatre which will solve my purpose i think.

What do think about LOGITECH 5.1 GAME CONSOLE ADAPTER, will it solve my purpose?

manishjain

Standard Member
The Logitech X-540's have the same connections as the Creative T6200's, so won't give you 5.1 audio either. The Logitech Z-5500 speaker system has digital inputs that will give you 5.1 audio - is this what you meant by the 'Logitech 550'?

Amazon have the Z-5500's listed at £230. You could maybe get an all-in-one home cinema system with a single optical input for maybe just under £200. You won't get a 5.1 system with a digital input for much less than that though I don't think.

Would help if you actually posted your budget.

my budget in maximum £200.

StevieBuck

in that case i am thinking of buying sony home theatre which will solve my purpose i think.

If you buy one with a digital optical input, then you should be able to get the 5.1 audio from your xbox 360 to play through it. The cheaper models tend to only have a stereo analogue input though, which won't give you 5.1 sound.

What do think about LOGITECH 5.1 GAME CONSOLE ADAPTER, will it solve my purpose?

This still doesn't give you 5.1 audio. It takes the stereo signal and splits it between the speakers, so the same audio plays out of the front speakers and the rears. Although you get sound from all speakers, it isn't true 5.1 sound.

mcnoiserdc

Hi Guys i am new to the world of Audio and Video so don't know much about it. I need a solution for my xbox360 experience. I have:

1. Sony Bravia LCD 32" HD Ready
2. XBOX 360 pro version with HDMI port
3. HDMI XBOX 360 Cable (use to connect to Sony TV)
3. Creative Inspire T6200 5.1 speakers (just bought)

How can i connect everything together to have XBOX360 5.1 surround sound gaming experience. Also how to watch DVD (with XBOX360 5.1 surround sound) on my XBOX360.

Please help me out friends.

Hi!
You can get the Creative Extigy.
It is a sound card but it works also disconnected from a computer (standalone)

It has a remote, so you can control the volume. It accepts optical toslink from your console and has the 3 sockets for your 5.1 speakers, it is a cheap and effective solution for you.

I am actually selling one here:http://www.avforums.com/forums/computer-classified-adverts/1271770-sale-creative-extigy-roccat-kave.html

If you have any further questions just ask, you don't have to buy it from me.

Attachments

• 1276274234_99581763_1-Fotos-de--Creative-extigy-creative-sound-blaster-extigy-1276274234.jpg
    1276274234_99581763_1-Fotos-de--Creative-extigy-creative-sound-blaster-extigy-1276274234.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 661

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom