XBOX2 GAMES WILL SUPPORT PROGRESSIVE SCAN 720p OR HD 1080i?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by zlatan-italian, Nov 4, 2004.

1. zlatan-italian

zlatan-italian
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1080i, 1080, 720p and (futures) videogames, blue-ray, hddvd: I don't know what television to buy....

Hello, I'm italian gamer , I would like to buy this tv crt JVC HV-32P37S or the new model (in a few weeks it will be the new model HV-32P40BU ) that support via component 480p and 1080i, the only one of its kind in Europe supports the 1080i high definition, BUT NOT 720p.I've already seen the xbox games in most cases support 480p, and in a few cases (dragon's leair, enter the matrix) the 720p and 1080p, I woul like to know if the xbox2 games will be in 720p o 1080p? Now I modify the consolle for to have the possibility to play with the xbox pal with progressive scan , how do it the same with xbox2? What television do you raccomend for the purchase and use in the next future for the dvd, hddvd, blue-ray, etc.? ? I don't want to buy the plasma or lcd because are worse and very expensive.There's no tv CRT support 720p in Europe.
    Thank you.

2. Rimmer

Rimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    720p/1080i should be user-selectable on the X-Box 2. 1080p *may* be supported, but I wouldn't count on it.

Very few CRT HDTVs support native 720p due to the greater manufacturing costs when compared with 1080i. The CRT HDTVs that do accept 720p internally convert it to 1080i so they are not truly 720p compatible.

If you want a progressive scan display with 1280 x720 resolution or higher, you need to look at the new display technologies: LCD, plasma, DLP etc. As you say, these new technologies are a lot more expensive, but progressive scan gives a more stable picture than interlaced.

By the way, there are a few CRT RPTVs with 1080i support now available.

3. aemarques

aemarques
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    According to the user manual of the upcoming JVC models HV-28P40BU and HV-32P40BU, these TVs support 525p, 625p and 1125i, all through analog component video inputs (Y, Pb, Pr).
    I hope this helps.