1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox - xbox crystal

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by la guitars, Aug 29, 2004.

1. la guitars

la guitars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm about to buy a dvd as a present.

I've seen the xbox crytsal - is it the same spec as a black xbox, indeed are all xbox's the same spec ?

are all the controllers the same size ? - i'm sure i've read you can get big ones and smaller ones ?

finally where's the best place to get a cracking deal on xbox.

2. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    The Crystal Xbox is the same spec as the black Xbox. The only differences between Xboxes that are in circulation (without modification) are that the consoles developed in the first year were made in Hungary rather than China and featured a more expensive TV-out chip though the performance is basically the same.

There are 2 types of Xbox controller. I don't think the original bulky controller is made anymore but don't quote me on that. I do know that all new Xboxes come with the newer (and in my opinion, far superior) Controller S which bears more of a resemblance to the PlayStation Dual Shock 2 controller in terms of size. I'm sure people will disagree with me but I think the Xbox Controller S is the best controller on any of the next-gen consoles. It has a nice weighty feel which is lacking from the PS2 and GC controllers and unquestionably has the best button layout.

You can get a decent Xbox deal from pretty much anywhere these days. Try some of the big websites such as Amazon.co.uk and Gameplay.com or you could just go to GAME and still get a decent deal. Bear in mind though that if you want the crystal Xbox I reckon you'll probably have to pay a bit more.

3. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    The Crystal Xbox is no longer manufactured and was only released in Europe. Retail don't stock it any more, so if you can lay your hands on one, you're a lucky man. The difference is purely cosmetic though, the internals being basically the same as any other Xbox.

The retail of a Crystal Xbox was £140, but sold with 2 controllers, as opposed to the regular black beast which was £130 with one controller. The regular Xbox is of course £100 now though, since the price cut this weekend.

Most shops stock the standard Xbox packages for exactly the same price, Online or High St, give or take £5. Basically, just go for the package that suits you best.

4. stormjai

stormjai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Does any retailer still stock crystal x box? and at what price/bundle

5. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    best place ive seen is toys r us, 100 quid for the console and 3 games i believe

6. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    There are quite a few on Ebay at the moment ranging in prices.

I have just purchased a Crystal case for my Green case as I wanted it to blend in more on my AV rack.

I will be selling my green case once they have been swapped over.

The crystal case looks pretty good, prefer the green TBH but I do want the asthetics more and the crystal is not far off the sky+ box in terms of look.

Cheers

Tone