xbox with vga and hdmi plugged in at the same time?

Alfie84

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ok so I not sure if this will even work.

I have the elite connected to my PC monitor via hdmi but I wanting to also have my xbox connected to my projector via VGA.

I wont be having them both on at the same time, more alternate between them and I dont want to be unlugging and replugging all the time

If I was to have the hdmi & vga cable both plugged into my 360 at the same time could I cause any damage here?

Or is there any other way of doing this?

And help would be very appreciated

Ok so I not sure if this will even work.

I have the elite connected to my PC monitor via hdmi but I wanting to also have my xbox connected to my projector via VGA.

I wont be having them both on at the same time, more alternate between them and I dont want to be unlugging and replugging all the time

If I was to have the hdmi & vga cable both plugged into my 360 at the same time could I cause any damage here?

Or is there any other way of doing this?

And help would be very appreciated
I dont think they will fit in at the same time.

Hey deathtrap3000

You where correct they didnt fit in together, had a look around and it appears you have to remove the plastic casing from the VGA cable AV end to fit them both in, So i did that and plugged them both in together and fire up my 360,

It seems the HDMI cable overrides the VGA, So In answer to my own question...using the xbox with vga and hdmi plugged in at the same time does not work LOL, just thought id let people know just incase they were thinking of trying the smae things.

Thanks for the reply thought deathtrap3000

Hey deathtrap3000

You where correct they didnt fit in together, had a look around and it appears you have to remove the plastic casing from the VGA cable AV end to fit them both in, So i did that and plugged them both in together and fire up my 360,

It seems the HDMI cable overrides the VGA, So In answer to my own question...using the xbox with vga and hdmi plugged in at the same time does not work LOL, just thought id let people know just incase they were thinking of trying the smae things.

Thanks for the reply thought deathtrap3000

i believe the audio might work on it though, much the same way as the audio dongle thing does

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom