1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox with Pioneer 2011 and Sanyo PLV-Z1

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by stealth, Jun 2, 2003.

Tags:
  1. stealth

stealth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've recently upgraded my equipment with the new Pioneer D2011 amp, which has video in and out for both component, s-video and composite.

I'm using a component cable from my Pioneer 757 directly to the PLV-Z1 projector, but I also want to connect my Xbox.

The Xbox comes with either composite or scart connections originally, but I imported an s-video cable from Japan (about 2m long). Now I've tried connecting the Xbox to the 2011 with s-video cable, and then from the 2011 to the Z1 using a 15m s-video cable, but I don't get any picture!

I've tried the xbox s-video cable directly on my TV to make sure it works, and I know the long s-video cable also works, so what could be wrong?

Do I have to change some setup option on the 2011 to output video correctly or what?

As always help is appreciated!

-stealth

2. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    The 2011 will not convert between Component and S-Video. It will only switch S-video / S-video or component / component. You can get a Scart to Component convertor and hook it up that way.

3. stealth

stealth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, but I'm using s-video out from the xbox through the 2011 (s-video in and out) to the Z1 (s-video in)...

4. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Is your 2011 set to NTSC or Pal? Can't remember how to do it, but that solved a problem with my S-video connections.

5. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    And I Also, had a problem with the video source not being assigned correctly.