1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox with 100hz TV (JVC AV-32X4)

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by James W, Jan 28, 2005.

1. James W

James W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My new TV arrived yesterday (from www.soundandvisiononline.com who were cheap and gave great service).

I have an Xbox and a GC, and these are the main reaosn I got a new TV. Very excited, I plugged everything in (Xbox into RGB scart using ms advanced scart, and GC using composite), to find that the picture wasn't quite what I was expecting. I haven't had a proper try with PAL 60 on, but Halo 2 seemed to have a lot more jaggy edges in 50hz mode. I had to force the aspect ratio to FULL, as it kept wanting to go to panoramic, which was too big for the screen (why can't they give different picture sizes more logical names!).

Now I don't know if I have something set wrong, or if PAL 60 will give better results, but at the moment I'm not that impressed, was expecting a huge difference, especially as I was used to playing on a very old TV with only composite in to the vcr the run RF to the TV!!

Does anyone have any advice for me, or any experience using this combo??

PAL 60 on or off
    All the picture modes on min or auto?
    Is full the right picture size on JVC Tv's?

Thanks

JAmes