Xbox Wireless Troubles

Coolbreeze

Standard Member
Ive had my 360 connected to my broadband network for months using the wireless adaptor and an apple airport with no problems.

I brought my xbox abroad with me for christmas, connected it there as well with no problems.

Now im home again and i cant get it to connect!!??
Under the "Select wireless network" page The xbox sees my network (at full signal strength), i enter my password, and it says connected.

but when i try to connect it fails the wireless network test saying its "not connected" - I have a red light on the wireless transmitter.

I've only ever had my xbox in two locales and ive tried connecting with both locales in case that made a difference with no success .

Any ideas? Any help greatly appreciated:lease:

Black-Adder

Novice Member
Unplug the wireless dongle on the back and boot it up without it. Then shutdown, plug it in, and restart. Then go into you xbox network connections and just get it to look for wireless connections again. This isn't gospel but i've had to do it a couple of times in recent months.
If it keeps showing red, perhaps the weather could be interferring, a microwave, digital phone or a neighbour is on the same wireless channel (most of my neighbours are on BTHomeHubs or Sky which has meant moving to a lower channel which has actually boosted speed:thumbsup:).

Coolbreeze

Standard Member
I'm still having intermittent trouble with my xbox transmitter. Occasionaly, like today the above problem resurfaces.

The signal coming from my broadband router is at full strength, my xbox sees the signal, asks for the wpa password but cant pass the Wireless network test.
The error status report code i get is:
w:0000 - 0000
x:8000 - 0011
y:0000 - 0000
z:0000 - 0000

I cant seem to pinpoint any source of interference in my apartment so if its intereference from somewhere else is it possible for me to switch channels or something?

Im getting desperate at this point and really hopping i dont have to run an ethernet cable across my room!

any suggestions greatly appreciated:lease:

S

Edit: I should also add that ive bypassed the apple airport so thats not the problem.
Also Does anybody know the difference the Locale setting actualy makes?
If i was to reset my xbox to factory defaults would i loose my gamertag and saved game files etc? would it help solve my problem?

JUS

I'm having exactly the same problems and error message (can't find where to look the number up).

I have a PS3 on the shelf above the 360 which manages to connect no problem.

Same settings on the 360 (auto everything) and it fails...the PS3 wireless thing is supposed to be weaker as well !

Did you get a solution in the end? I've tried different usb ports, turning everything else off...etc..etc....etc

Coolbreeze

Standard Member
My solution was to unfortunately hardwire - i got so ****** off trying to figure out what the problem was i gave up. I even emailed the xbox support thing but got no response.

JUS

fixed it...
I've got a guest staying in the room where my computer is...he got fed up with all the router lights flashing at night so turned my router off...seems when it was turned on again it automatically turned on the mac address blocking...360 wasn't in the list but my laptop and ps3 were..So I added the mac address for the 360 and wooohoooo:clap::smashin:

L

Lee Jensen

Has anyone experienced problems with the Wireless adapter when the 360 HD DVD Drive is connected - I constantly get booted from live every 5 mins or so when it is. Any help or similar experiences/fixes appreciated other than hardwire the connection, but that's not feasible at the mo (X360 is Elite BTW)

sofasurfer

Has anyone experienced problems with the Wireless adapter when the 360 HD DVD Drive is connected - I constantly get booted from live every 5 mins or so when it is. Any help or similar experiences/fixes appreciated other than hardwire the connection, but that's not feasible at the mo (X360 is Elite BTW)

I don't get booted off but every so often I have to unplug the adapter and plug it back in again as it doesn't seem to recognise it is there. Works fine but I always fear the worst that I have lost all connection to Live.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom