XBOX Wireless Gaming

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by mcgetta, Jul 25, 2005.

1. mcgetta

mcgetta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If any of you guys have wireless setups for your xbox live shenanigans can you outline your hardware list with associated costs. What are the good and bad points you have experienced so far with wireless gaming rigs. I am looking to figure out the best hardwaremix of card and router.

2. cwatson

cwatson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use a Netgear Super Wireless ADSL router (DG834GT), its one of the more expensive ones, but is very small and looks good in the living room (IMHO). As a past owner of Linksys and Belkin wireless/wired routers (the Belkin only lasted 4 days before I returned it), I really rate the Netgear - its been running without a hitch for 12weeks+ solid. Price varies from £80ish on the web to £129 in some stores. Xbox live connected first time (via a LAN cable into the Router and has worked first time every time since...hope this helps

3. maix27

maix27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    i don't think you can get an adaptor for the xbox to make it wireless, i have a netgear wirless router as well, but like the bloke above my xbox is hard wired into it. if any one can find a way of adapting the xbox for wireless, i'd love to know, not that there's much point, my router sits next to it.....

4. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
  5. Dr Phibes

Dr Phibes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Belkin Modem/router and a wireless ethernet bridge connected to the Xbox which is essentially the same as the unit in the link above.
    Both work fine and I have a Laptop conencting wirelessly to the modem/router and a desktop hardwired to the same unit.
    Both have worked out of the box from day 1.
    THe Xbox doesn't recognise the wireless bridge in the menu but it still works, I think it just registers a cable in the ethernet slot and assumes it's conencted.
    I've had no problems connecting to Live and have had no lag/slowdown whatsoever.

6. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Give this site a go here , it is specific section for XBOX Live. I bought my wireless router from them, but I haven't got around to getting the wireless game adaptor.

That should give you some ideas of prices and options.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Andy