• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Xbox Wireless Connection "Open" but still struggles to connect to live...

JimboJambo86

Hey there, ive recently setup an old bt voyager 2100 to work as a repeater for my bt homehub v1 in order to get a better signal in my room.
But i properly tested the repeater last night on xbox live and found my xbox wouldnt connect to live first time... as in when i booted my xbox it wouldnt connect to live, then when i selected it manual to connect, it would!
i then played online for an hour and the connection was fine. when i finished the gaming session i tested my network settings to check the NAT, but found during the test stage where it tries to connect to live i was told it couldnt connect and i should reset my router. i didnt do this and just performed the test again... this time it was fine! i then tried this process several times more with the same result, one time it wouldnt connect, then it would.
is a nuisance, ive turned off everything on the repeater so it doesnt act as a router (ie DCHP, port forwarding), and surely if that wasnt setup properly i wudnt get on live at all?
any ideas? or anything ive overlooked?
thanks.. :thumbsup:

EDIT: the repeater works fine for laptops and ps3...

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom