1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox wireless advice please.

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by harrisuk, Jul 17, 2004.

1. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I am about to make my second attempt to get a wireless network sorted in my house. I obviously want my xbox connected up.

I am going to get all linksys gear as I am told its the best. Can someone tell me, am I better off getting the wireless gaming adpater or wireless bridge to connect the xbox to the network. I guess the bridge would be better as it can also be used with a P.C if I want ???

Also what is the range like on these things. The router will be on the second floor in my house in the back bedroom. The signal needs to get to the third floor loft room that is at the front of the house.

Will it work that far ???

2. mwallan

mwallan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    The setup I have in my house is Netgear wgt624 which is down stairs and the xbox is in the lounge i use Asus WL-330 Pocket Wireless Access Point approx £22 then upstairs I have the pc and the another wireless card in a laptop. The range is excellent never below 75% signal on the lap top or the PC, and the connection never drops
    hope this helps

3. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Cool. Shound be ok then. I went for the wireless ethernet bridge for the xbox so I can use with my pc upstairs as well if I so desire.

To me networking is a black art but hopefully it wont be too hard :rolleyes: