1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX - Which cable pack????

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by iTCHY, Nov 18, 2004.

1. iTCHY

iTCHY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello. I plan on purchasing a new cable set for the xbox to get better quality out from my tv which is a Sony Wega 27" (standard tv, not HD, model: KV27FS120). I just need a little advise on which cable to get. My 4 choices are (i have included links to the products):

The Advanced AV Pack - I know this has the svideo out. Will I see a **NOTICEABLE** difference from the standard composite out??? link

The HD AV Pack - As I mentioned, my TV is a regular tv and not High Def. But the Wega has the connections for component (Y/PB/PR). Will this improve the quality over the Advanced AV pack? Will my TV be able to handle it since the signal is HighDef/progressive and not interlaced (will it convert)??? link

Intec/Electro Source/Madcatz/Monster Cable brand cable with s-video out (is this better than the Advanced AV Pack from microsoft???).
    link

A cable with composite (yellow) to svideo converter - Will this improve the image????

I really want to get the best picture quality out on my standard TV for the xbox. Please help. thank you.

2. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Yes you will see a difference over the standard freebie.

This will only work in Interlaced and not Hi Def so not really worth getting this

I would just get the Advanced MS Cables will be more than fine on a TV that size.

3. iTCHY

iTCHY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will the quality be better than the advanced pack however, even though I wont be getting the full progressive output? I ask, just-in-case I decide to get a HDTV in the near future. But for now I only want to best quality possible.

Thanks.

4. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    No.

Forget composite and even s-video, go fo RGB scart. It's about as good as you'll get on your TV.

Also, will you be connecting it to an amp for 5.1 sound?
    If so then you'll need an optical audio out as well.

I use a Joytech lead that has RGB SCART, optical audio, S-video, composite and phono audio out...'a lead for all occisions'.
    I paid about £15 a year ago or so from HMV.

5. drdavewatford

drdavewatford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just for the sake of completeness, if you're running out of scart sockets, you can use a component cable. I bought one from Lik Sang as I'd run out of RGB scart inputs on my TV, and the picture is great. It cost about 20 quid, and arrived in only 6 days (although their website says to allow 7 to 20 days).