1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox vs. DVD help

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by snowhite, Jul 13, 2005.

1. snowhite

snowhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a vcr, dvd, cable & xbox. I have connected everything, but the problem is when I want to play xbox, I connect the yellow, white and red cables to the back of the TV from the xbox. When I want to watch a dvd I have to disconnect the xbox cables from the back of the tv and then plug in the dvd cables. Is there something that I can use that allows me to have it all. I would like to have everything connected without having to disconnect anything and have everything connected. HELP!!!! :confused:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    The scart socket that we have in Europe can be a real pain at times but it is convenient and is the standard method of connecting most AV equipment to the TV over here.

Unfortunately you don't use the scart on your side of the water and to be quite honest many of us won't know what kind of adaptors you have in the US as they are probably not sold here in the UK

3. DevonB

DevonB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I once had the same problem as you snow, what I found was a cheap solution that worked great, but you can still only use the 1 source at a time.
    I found these little " Y " adapters at my local dollar store, what they are is mono to stereo jacks. It has a black male AV connector, and it splits off into a Red, and a White Female connector. All you will have to do is plug one of these adapters into your Yellow, Red, and White's in the back of your TV, then plug the corresponding colors from both your XBOX and your DVD Player into the red's and whites of each adapter.

Hopefully this helps you out,

This link will take you to a small picture of the device I am talking about,
    http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/prod_images/058/10363058.jpg