Xbox TV Settings(HD Ready)

magpies03

Standard Member
Hi all been browsing the forums and was told to come here for advice on setting my Xbox up with the best TV quality. At the minute I have choose the optimal resolution and it seems to be very white looking!
The TV I'm using is a Phillips LCD HD Ready 32" I know not the best but I got it when HD first came out :rolleyes:
I'm unsure on what settings to use to gain the best picture quality!

Sorry if this is posted in wrong section.

Thanks in advance

Kev

magpies03

Standard Member
Yeah mate already got one, just wondering what is best in terms of 720p 1080i etc.. And what is the best reference level!

Thanks

virtual_boy

Resolution is more a personal preference, most games have a native resolution of 720p or less but either way it's going to get upscaled either by the Xbox or by your TV.
I have mine set to 1080p as I think the Xbox does a better job of upscaling plus it removes an extra process and hopefully any extra display lag.
Reference settings should be on standard unless you are connected by VGA.
As for your TV settings try googling it's model number for "calibrated settings" or similar, every TV panel is different (even those of the same model and batch) so there is no perfect setup unless your TV is professionally ISF calibrated, as a general rule of thumb though all picture processing options should be disabled and sharpness should be as close to 0 as possible.

Last edited:

magpies03

Standard Member
Resolution is more a personal preference, most games have a native resolution of 720p or less but either way it's going to get upscaled either by the Xbox or by your TV.
I have mine set to 1080p as I think the Xbox does a better job of upscaling plus it removes an extra process and hopefully any extra display lag.
Reference settings should be on standard unless you are connected by VGA.
As for your TV settings try googling it's model number for "calibrated settings" or similar, every TV panel is different (even those of the same model and batch) so there is no perfect setup unless your TV is professionally ISF calibrated, as a general rule of thumb though all picture processing options should be disabled and sharpness should be as close to 0 as possible.

Cheers for that mate, great help :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom