1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox to PC Monitor Connection???

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Big_Si, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Big_Si

Big_Si
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am wanting to connect my Xbox to my Pc monitor to save room in the spare room. I have had a look at a couple of adapters but am a bit baffled as to what to get and will it work. If i get a basic adapter i suspect i would lose the sound as the sound card is in my PC.

Is there a way i can put a sort of AV input card into the PC and route it through my PC or is that just bubbles.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

2. Chox1988

Chox1988
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,278
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006B8EI/ref=pd_sxp_f/102-6115479-9298512

This gives u an audio run through so if u have amplified speakers they can be attached to the speaker output on the adaptor. I think it also allows headphones to be directly connected. In our downstairs computer I have an ATI all in one wonder which lets you plug in any console and plays the console straight onto the monitor with sound through the PC's speakers but I run it as the main graphics card, dunno if you'd be willing to do that.

Hope I've been of help. :)

3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,066