xbox to pc connection

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by tomasz kozien, Jan 9, 2008.

1. tomasz kozien

tomasz kozien
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    can anyone help me with connecting the xbox to my pc i have my 360 connected to my modem/router via eithernet and my laptop wireless to the modem/router, now all the ports in windows firewall are open the modems fire wall is turned of my mcafee anti vires is disabled and my windows media player sees the 360 and sharing is enabled but the 360 can not see the pc what the hell could be the problem i cant figure it out i even downloaded the zune software to see if that would work and then opend more ports for the zune in the firewall cause they are different thnen ne ones for media player and still no result what did i miss pleaaaaase help

2. dermy

dermy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Sometimes I have to do the following for the xbox to see my PC.
    Start -> run enter services.msc and hit enter.
    Scroll down to Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service, right click and select restart. Now see if the xbox sees your PC.

3. tomasz kozien

tomasz kozien
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    just tried that and no result first i reset the media player sharing with no result and then the zune and still no connection thanks for trying man

4. Nanor

Nanor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Are you using static or dynamic IP? I had a few problems and solved them by setting the 360 to a static IP and placing this in the DMZ on the router.

5. Fe_man2000

Fe_man2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    If you have media player 11 installed on the PC - can it see the xbox when you go to the sharing option in the media library ?

If so I had a similar problem PC could see xbox but xbox could not see PC. First make sure the xbox isnt connected to a PC - go into the system blade and check the settings there - if you xbox has been connected to a PC before it can be disconnected here. If you have never had the pc and xbox talking ignore that bit.

I posted some info on getting them to talk to each other including a link on Microsofts website which will reset some settings on Media player 11's security and allowed my xbox to see the PC - I cant remember the link so just check out some of my earlier posts.

6. Fe_man2000

Fe_man2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    from an ealier post this might help - it did for me

I may have a fix for this as I had a lot of problems getting the xbox to see my PC - I restrated services and turned off all firewalls and security software - no effect (but worth doing at the start)

Turns out that there is some issue with the DRM side of window media player 11 - now I work in IT but I dont completly understand what happened and it took me ages to find this out and seconds to fix it.

One suggested solution was to find and delete the DRM folder from your PC as it may contain some corrupted data - It can be found in a couple of places, mine was in c:\documents and settings\all users - I did this but there was no effect for me . I checked my event logs in XP and there was a DRM error message which may have been cause by the file being deleted - If I stopped and restarted the media sharing service a new error would appear so I went searching for information on this error.

I then checked MS website to see what my error event ID was about and found this website

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925705

which has a link to fix it (BELOW)

I clicked on this website fix and volia xbox 360 sees the PC.

http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...en/indivit.asp

hope this helps and it was driving me crazy.