1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox to logitech x530

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by bungie, Nov 17, 2004.

1. bungie

bungie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just been gifted a set of Logitech X530 5.1 speakers which I want to connect to my Xbox. Unfortunately there is no optical out so connecting them is not so straightforward. I have orderd a connector to take the logitech's mini jacks into a phono adaptor so that I can then plug the xbox phono cables into it. As you can imagine this is frustrating having to wait several days for this to arrive (it's not even in the system yet) and I was wondering if such an adaptor is available elsewhere. A picture is available here:

Also will I still get Dolby 5.1 without using the optical adaptor - if not will it be noticeable as opposed to surround sound?

Thanks

http://www.logitech.com/lang/images/0/5868.jpg

2. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    You'll not get surround only stereo - to get surround you'll need a decoder/receiver.

3. bungie

bungie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgive my ignorance but the reviews I have read about these speakers and their own blurb on their website gives the impression that these speakers do give surround sound. Could the receiver/decoder be in the sub woofer - if not can I still attach these to a receiver bearing in mind they have mini stereo jacks.

I did have the xbox attached to a home cinema set up using the optical lead which gave great sound but now that the console has been moved into a smaller room I was hoping that I could enjoy the same set up with these speakers.

Any help/guidance greatly appreciated.

4. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    If it's just a 3.5mm mini-jack to phono adaptor then you can get them anywhere.

If you actually want to get the most out of your speakers then really you should be buying an AV Pack with optical digital out for your XBox. That's the only way you'll get Dolby 5.1 surround.

The specs on logitech's site are pretty scant but by the looks of things it DOESN'T have regular Dolby Pro-Logic support so you won't even get that (inferior) version of surround if you go via the twin phono route.

Just pay some money for a suitable AV pack and get the most out of these speakers.

Gav