1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox to crt tv + surround sound advice

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by woo88, Jun 10, 2005.

1. woo88

woo88
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all.

I have set up my xbox via the following, but need some advice.

I have split the the standard scart connection that comes with the xbox into the following:

The audio via another cable with 2 connectors into my all in one dvd system for surround sound and the video leads straight into the crt tv via the scart adapter that comes with the standard xbox cable.

Is this the best way of connecting the xbox in order to get 5.1 surround sound and the best picture quality?

My tv does have component inputs...can I utilise this with the xbox?

Please help!!!

Ta.

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,029
    You won't be getting Dolby Digital 5.1 surround doing it that way, you need to use the optical digital output, does your all in one system have an optical or coaxial digital input at all? At the moment you'll probably be sending dolby surround to your all in one system which isn't a patch on DD 5.1. Yes you can use the component inputs but you probably won't notice much difference over RGB scart (note the RGB there, if it's composite video then you would notice a big difference!) unless you're TV can accept a high def signal and you get your xbox modded in some way so it can output 720p or 1080i in which case you'd be better off using component.

Cheers
    Andy