• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Xbox / surround sound set up

mrtsbrother

Standard Member
Hi there, I have a little home cinema set up in a former single garage. The room is relatively small roughly 5m X 3m with a low ceiling. I'm running an Xbox with an optima hd26 projector which is great. The missing link is sound. I don't have a great deal to spend (£300) what do people think is the best way forward? A cheap 5.1 (and I assume get a receiver - although I'd have to wait due to budget), soundbar and subwoofer, just save for a sonos 5?

Ideas and suggestions all gratefully received.

mrtsbrother

Standard Member
Would prefer surround sound, but do like the idea of no amp. The Xbox has an optical out....I do have a set of Sony ss-ts3 surround speakers but nothing to connect then to. I imagine one option would be a budget amp + sub woofer and floor standers supplemented with what I have?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
You need to check the impedance of the Sony speakers since they are often well below 4 ohms with all in one systems and would not be recommended to use them with an AVR.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom