Xbox stuck in updating/crashing loop - help

iMalc

Standard Member
My xbox has been working perfectly fine for a few years now, however recently it's just stopped working.
If I load up the system, it will instantly try to update, finish updating then reset the console, then tell me I need to update again. The updates take varying amounts of time which is fairly confusing. This morning I refused to let it update and it complained that some of the files on the system were corrupted. I've tried clearing the cache memory, which can sometimes temporarily solve the solution for an hour or two, but beyond that I've no idea what to do short of sending it away for repairs or trading it in for a new consoles.
If it helps, the problems started when I started playing Sonic Generations, where the xbox said it had an update to perform, it's all been downhill from there.
Help?

brumhee

Distinguished Member
If it helps, the problems started when I started playing Sonic Generations, where the xbox said it had an update to perform, it's all been downhill from there.
Help?

Have you tried deleting the game save and all other data for Sonic Generations to see if this is the cause?

iMalc

Standard Member
I'll give it a shot, having trouble getting onto the dashboard itself just now though, constant updates and whenever I don't update it says something is corrupt and it needs to restart. Joy

iMalc

Standard Member
Deleted the game and the other presumably offending article, no luck. Getting a message saying "Some xbox 360 features are missing or corrupt. A system update is required to replace them. Your console will now restart." Then the usual cycle begins over.

brumhee

Distinguished Member
iMalc said:
Deleted the game and the other presumably offending article, no luck. Getting a message saying "Some xbox 360 features are missing or corrupt. A system update is required to replace them. Your console will now restart." Then the usual cycle begins over.

Sorry that didn't work.

If you're on twitter tweet @xboxsupport or go on Xbox.com and email them - they are very helpful.

iMalc

Standard Member
I'm trying Rorifett's suggestion but it's a bit difficult when if I log in offline I have about 5 seconds tops before the whole system crashes. Once I give up trying I'll contact Microsoft, half tempted to just get a new xbox by now, this one is showing it's age.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, much appreciated.

brumhee

Distinguished Member
iMalc said:
I'm trying Rorifett's suggestion but it's a bit difficult when if I log in offline I have about 5 seconds tops before the whole system crashes. Once I give up trying I'll contact Microsoft, half tempted to just get a new xbox by now, this one is showing it's age.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, much appreciated.

With the new dashboard coming in 9 days may be worth waiting to see if that magically fixes it - doubt it but might be worth a go.

bearman3784

maybe try loading the update from USB stick? the download is available on the xbox support site

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom