xbox streaming

• Thread starter Deleted member 29287
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29287

Hi

I am not sure if this is the correct place to write this, apologies if not.

I have an Xbox 360 (not elite) and I am thinking of connecting a external network hard drive to the ethernet port in order that I can play my DVDs (that will be on the hard drive) on the TV.

I've never done this and do not really know if it will work by simply plugging it all in and powering on, has anyone any experience with this? if so how did you do it?

Steve

Hi,

This should really be in the Media Streaming Sub-Forum but here's the answer anyway.

Basically, no. In order to stream from a hard drive it needs to either be connected via USB or be inside a computer that's on the network.

ok, thanks for the answer.

So essentially if i get a regular external hard drive that connects via USB, I will be able to do this?

Yes that's the easiest way.

ok, so a USB connected hard drive is the way to go.

Also I understand that the xbox needs FAT32 to work and the biggest file FAT32 can read is 4gb, so that begs the question what is the best software to get a file that is under the 4gb limit but holds good quality to view on a TV, I assume an xbox will automaticaly detect a USB connected FAT32 HD?

Yes it will recognise it straight away.

Most video can be compressed into the .avi format which will get a 2 hour film down to approx 700MB

Just do a search on download.com for a suitable convertor program

I cannot for the life of me find an application that will do this, can anyone recommend anything?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom